Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Post Date:June 8, 2022
- Views 464
- Career Level OfficerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duty Station: Chipinge
Duration: 6 months
Purpose of position
Provide technical expertise in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and learning and build the capacity of field staff in effective use of data management tools and reporting templates. The position will be responsible for generating periodic programme implementing reports and assessment reports.
Specific job responsibilities
MEAL tool development and data management
- Develop and implement a robust monitoring and evaluation system that will ensure tracking of project / programme results at different levels (outputs, outcomes, and impact);
- Work with programme officers and coordinators to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data needed for an effective MEAL system which will be utilized in monitoring strengths, weaknesses and gaps in existing projects / programs and services and for reporting on donor commitments;
- Timely update and share data on the 4W matrix to the cluster management system.
Monitoring and reporting
- Maintain and update the overall projects indicator tracker-based project designs and donor requirements;
- Develop M&E plans for all projects and proposals and ensure the same is followed up during implementation;
- Ensure all grants have updated work-plan and performance management plan (PMPs) in tandem with all approved proposals, regularly reviewing and updating as needed;
- Carry out data quality assessments / audits regularly for MEAL data based on agreed indicators to guide decision making;
- Review monthly progress reports from partners and ensure they have evidence to back-up and provide feedback to the respective staff;
- Collate / prepare HQ reports related to internal reporting such as the quarterly and annual reports;
- Ensure that cross cutting issues such as participation, gender, age and disability are effectively addressed / mainstreamed in all project implementations as part of ensuring accountability.
Assessments, surveys and evaluation
- Liaise with project coordinators and the programmes manager to ensure that ongoing projects adhere to accountability requirements by initiating baseline surveys for new projects / programmes and conducting relevant evaluations for ongoing projects;
- Lead and/or coordinate all country assessments, evaluations and performance evaluation tasks including planning and reporting on the same;
- Assist in the development of TOR for external surveys and consultant recruitments / selection;
- Timely plan and initiate all pre and post intervention assessments, KAP surveys, After Action Reviews, Post Distribution Monitoring and Real Time
Evaluation of emergency programmes.
- Learning, accountability and capacity building
Share learning and provide constructive comments to colleagues in order to ensure programme quality;
- Build capacity of staff through training to ensure adoption of new data monitoring tools and quality of data collected;
- Regularly collect data on and analyse the Complaints Reporting and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) accountability data to the TdH team to facilitate quality improvement.
Representation, fundraising, liaison and communication
- Participate in delegated cluster and thematic group meetings clearly articulating the work TdH is doing;
- Map partners with similar programming interests and engage for possible future partnerships;
- Work with the communication team to ensure that communication products developed and shared enhances the visibility of Tdh and supporting donors;
- Support the country office in proposal development, tracking funding trends.
- Master’s Degree in Development Economics / Monitoring & Evaluation / Demography – Population Studies / Statistics / Agriculture Economics / Social Work / Development Studies;
- Demonstrated experience in data processing and management of large-scale surveys;
- Experience in using standard food security, livelihoods, resilience, Child Protection, Sexual & Gender Based Violence, etc reporting and output/impact indicators assessment tools;
- Demonstrated experience of statistical packages and/ or data analysis software (e.g. SPSS, Excel, Epi Info, SMART, STAT 01) and advanced computer skills (word-processing, spread sheets, and databases) are a must;
- Knowledge and experience in implementing of either health care, social protection, education, food security & livelihoods, disaster preparedness projects is an added advantage.
Interested candidates should send their application letter and curriculum vitae with three contactable referees to: [email protected] clearly indicating “Monitoring & Evaluation Officer” on the subject of the email.
Deadline: 15 June 2022
Related Jobs (19)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022