Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Intern
- Post Date:June 23, 2021
- Views 341
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
Chemonics International Inc., a U.S. based international development consulting firm, seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Intern for the USAID-funded Feed the Future Zimbabwe (FTFZ) Fostering Agribusiness for Resilient Markets (FARM) activity. This five-year activity will support farmers, their households, and communities to diversify, intensify, and commercialize their crop and livestock production to build their assets and be more able to absorb, adapt, and transform in the face of climate, economic, and other shocks, allowing them to live healthier and more productive lives. We are seeking candidates for the Harare project office. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of smallholder farmers across Zimbabwe.
- Assist in routine data collection and entry for various interventions implemented in the field and ensure that a complete, accurate, clean, and consistent data is shared with the M&E Lead/Assistant for data analysis and action planning;
- Ensure proper filing of M&E documents including questionnaires, forms, and reports;
- Participate in data verification and audit exercise to assess the quality of data reported and address anomalies identified;
- Assist M&E Lead/Assistant in capacity building and mentorship activities for field staff in data collection and cleaning;
- Assist in data cleaning and data entry into M&E systems where necessary;
- Assist in preparation of M&E weekly and monthly updates on activities conducted in the field;
- Photocopying, printing, scanning and distribution of M&E forms and reports;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the M&E Lead/Assistant.
Qualifications and skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Statistics or a degree in a relevant discipline received within the past year;
- Certificate or diploma in monitoring and evaluation from a recognised institution will be an added advantage;
- Interest in qualitative and quantitative data collection methods;
- Competences in using computer packages including Excel, STATA or SPSS will be an added advantage;
- Good interpersonal and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural context;
- Ability to work and cope with strict deadlines;
- Develop graphics based on the Activity data;
- Highly motivated with a keen interest in development work and is willing to learn.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Deadline: 30 June 2021
Related Jobs (40)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist on July 22, 2021 Full Time
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract