Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
- Post Date:January 26, 2022
- Views 463
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zimbabwe Technical Assistance, Training and Education Center for Health (Zim-TTECH) is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to be considered for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to serve under the HIV Care and Treatment Program. The position will be based in Harare. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. Zim-TTECH is also implementing the DREAMS program in four districts in Matebeleland North province. In addition, Zim-TTECH supports Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) services in Zimbabwe. The contract of employment is renewable yearly subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be reporting to the Senior Program Manager – Strategic Information and Evaluation and will be responsible for the overall design and execution of the Monitoring and Evaluation infrastructure at Zim-TTECH, including identifying and meeting Monitoring and Evaluation performance standards as well as data security, integrity, and privacy requirements. The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be the lead in executing elements of the data governance strategy, both directly and through the management of the Monitoring and Evaluation team and will work in collaboration with other Zim-TTECH program teams.
- Providing technical leadership and project management in implementing Zim-TTECH SOW, work plan and Monitoring and Evaluation framework on the Zim-TTECH project;
- Fostering a “big-picture” mind set and holistic understanding of the program within the entire project team by collaborating closely with consortium partners to assist in implementing the HIV care and treatment program according to project timelines, plans and objectives;
- Providing oversight on the design, development, and maintenance of a consortium-wide electronic information system and on statistical analysis and / or interpretation of results, data and information for programme and policy development;
- Participating in the design and management of study and M&E / ICT tools as need arises and in Technical Work Groups for the HIV care and treatment program, as well as national, provincial and district review meetings as required;
- Responding to information demand placed on consortium by CDC, MoHCC and Zim-TTECH headquarters by effectively delegating and coordinating the collection, analysis, and presentation of available information in a structured manner which ensures the maintenance of quality standards;
- Disseminating results of program interventions and analysis of process / activity and clinical outcome data in a timely manner;
- Working with coordinators to ensure the application of appropriate research methodology and ensuring that all operational research activities are well coordinated and running smoothly according to approved protocols;
- Managing work-plan implementation, specifying work-breakdown structure, responsible person/s for each activity, timelines, and associated SOPs;
- Conducting routine and regular strategic / program planning meetings with Zim-TTECH staff using evidence gleaned from data analysis and interpretation;
- Managing the program request tracker and continuously flagging urgent matters and critical success factors that will be off-track;
- Communicating realistic timelines for achievement of set goals to relevant stakeholders in the consortium and ensuring that all work is handed over to the Seattle team on critical projects as required;
- Modelling expected behaviour and coaching team members to cultivate and institutionalize a problem-solving and critical thinking culture within team members and empowering them to be able to work independently and have a sense of shared ownership, pride, and responsibility of their work.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Advanced degree in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in M&E training and health-related projects with increasing responsibility in senior leadership and management positions with proficiency in at least one statistical software package e.g STATA, SAS, or SPSS;
- Experience with PEPFAR MER and MoHCC reporting systems, including proficiency in DATIM and DHIS2;
- Advanced Microsoft office skills especially in MS Excel, including pivot-tables, formatting, statistical functions, and formulas;
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills, including study designing, data cleaning, verification and trend-analysis coupled with demonstrable project management skills but not limited to budget preparation, monitoring and in managing electronic health information systems;
- Strong report writing and presentation skills, including study protocol administration and interfacing with relevant stakeholders;
- Excellent analytical, detail orientation, problem solving and interpersonal communication skills with fluency in English and knowledge of one or more of the local languages (Shona and / or Ndebele) will be an added advantage and also have demonstrable ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Commitment to diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of certificates to [email protected] or to the below mentioned address:
The Human Resources Manager,
10 Natal Rd,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28 January 2022