Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
- Post Date:January 13, 2021
- Views 458
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Education
The Forum for African Women Educationalists – Zimbabwe Chapter (FAWEZI) is one of the 33 National Chapters in Africa affiliated to the FAWE Africa network. FAWE is a Pan-African non-governmental organization founded in 1992 and based in Nairobi, Kenya. FAWEZI is a Private Voluntary Organization whose vision is that of a nation where gender disparities in education are significantly reduced, with more girls having access to education, completing their studies, and performing well at all levels. FAWEZI is committed to creating positive societal attitudes that reinforce and influence educational policies in order to promote gender equity in schools, at district, provincial and national levels through advocacy, lobbying, and networking with all relevant stakeholders.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant will be in charge of the development and implementation of robust monitoring, evaluation systems for the organisation in order to ensure there is the quality of M&E tools in projects and Programmes, in management and coordination of project information, and effective accountability to the beneficiary population. The M&E Assistant will help plan and implement activities requiring specific M&E expertise.
- Participate in the development of baseline and end line assessments tools; develop and write sections on M&E in project proposal (covering indicators, budgets and M&E Plans and Results framework);
- Align the ME&L, provide technical support during the design of monitoring tools and the collection and analysis of data, prepare and organize routine monitoring activities of the projects;
- Ensures monitoring tools are used correctly during the implementation phase, and provides support during data collection activities;
- Supports data analysis processes and assists in drafting qualitative reports for effective programme management;
- Provides technical support to ensure that M&E information is used successfully and adapted to target audiences during operational and strategic decision-making; conducting baseline studies, result assessments, performing situation analyses, designing intervention strategies, capitalizing on lessons learned and creating the necessary conditions to inform, involve and communicate with partners (accountability);
- Trains other staff and community field people in data collection and correct use of the database tools; develop other tools required to collect data and information for all activities;
- Participate in the production of audio visual materials related to activities;
- Compile narrative monthly, half yearly and annual reports as may be required.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- First Degree in Monitoring & Evaluation/Development Studies and a Diploma/Certificate in monitoring and evaluation or Project Management Planning is an added advantage.
- Have at least 4 years’ experience in a similar role in the NGO Sector with excellent training, communication skills, and gender issues.
The applicant should:
- Be intrinsically motivated and be a self-starter;
- Be innovative and able to think outside the box;
- Have a strong interest in girl’s education;
- Have an excellent command of English: spoken and written;
- Ready to work outside office hours;
- Be able to work in a team
- Six months with a possibility of extension
Interested candidates meeting the above specifications should submit their application letters, CVs (max 3 pages) with contactable referees to:
Clearly marked Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Female candidates strongly encouraged to apply
Deadline: 19 January 2021