Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (Mutare)
- Post Date:August 6, 2021
- Views 558
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duty station: Mutare
Position Code: Covid 19 Early Recovery-MEA21
CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to severe regional drought and has since expanded programming to address longer-term development issues. Currently, an estimated 5.8 million people are facing severe food insecurity in Zimbabwe as a result of the human-made climate crisis.
Through strategic local partnerships, CARE is implementing both short-term and long-term programming to empower Zimbabwe’s vulnerable households to meet their basic needs through sustainable livelihoods. To that end, CARE’s programming in Zimbabwe is focused on the following areas: food and nutrition security, climate resilient livelihoods, economic development, education, and water, sanitation, and hygiene
The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will be responsible for carrying out monitoring and evaluation activities at District level for the project.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Develops individual M&E activity plans and inputs into the Project M&E activity plan
- Participates in Monitoring & Evaluation assessments
- Collects data through focus group discussions, key informants and household respondents and submits to project manager
- Trains Enumerators on data collection tools
- Receives, cleans and updates project database and submits to the Project Manager
- Compiles and cleans qualitative and quantitative data
- Compiles survey data and submits to the Project Manager
- Files and archives project documents as per project requirements
- Ensures that IASC core principles and Safeguarding standards are met and maintained accordingly
- Reports cases of suspected SHEA to the Emergency Coordinator, and or relevant stakeholders
- Ensures that Safeguarding information is disseminated to the relevant stakeholders.
- Diploma in Monitoring & Evaluation/Social Sciences/Development Studies/Statistics/Mathematics or equivalent
- 2 Years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or related field
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to ride a motorcycle
- Class 3 driver’s license would be an added advantage
The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to the country office. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted above by 9 August 2021.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
Applications can only be accepted from people with an existing right to work in Zimbabwe.
Related Jobs (33)
2 x Projects Coordinator (Midlands Province & Matebeleland North) on December 5, 2021 Full Time
Human Resource and Administration Officer (Matebeleland South Province) on December 5, 2021 Full Time