Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
- Post Date:June 3, 2021
- Views 605
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location : Harare, ZIMBABWE
Application Deadline : 08-Jun-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Gender Equality
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Post Level : SB-2
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Jul-2021
Duration of Initial Contract : 12 months
Expected Duration of Assignment : 12 months
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women Zimbabwe has three focus areas of Women’s political participation, Women’s economic empowerment and Ending violence against women. The portfolio comprises several joint programmes in which UN Women cooperates with other UN agencies, government, civil society, the academia and private sector. The M&E Assistant will be expected to provide support across all programme areas under the overall guidance of a M&E Analyst. UN Women’s programmatic work seeks to provide evidence on what works to achieve gender equality and women’s empowerment in keeping with existing international normative guidelines and standards. This makes monitoring and evaluation a critical function of UN Women’s operations. Furthermore, UN Women coordinates the UN’s work on gender equality and supporting the country to achieve gender equality and equity targets, informed by the Sustainable Development Goals. The M&E Assistant will also work within the inter-agency M&E group to ensure that gender results across the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) are tracked and adequately reflected in UN wide reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the UN Women Deputy Country Representative and direct supervision of the M&E Analyst the Consultant will undertake the following tasks:
Description of tasks:
1. Facilitate and substantively contribute to the incorporation of monitoring and reporting frameworks and tools into programme formulation
- Facilitate and substantively contribute to the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring schedules, field monitoring plans and quality assurance processes;
- Include inputs from relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations into programme formulation;
- Contribute to annual work plan monitoring, reviews and reporting;
- Provide technical support to partners in developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), systems and plans, and Baseline Surveys;
- Facilitate the clearance of donor agreements and Programme Cooperation Agreements with Zimbabwe CO.
2. Contribute substantively to the monitoring and tracking of results against country/ regional and global level targets and UN Women Strategic Plan
- Coordinate with Programme Team to ensure that data collection and analysis from field visits is standardized across programmes;
- Monitor data from partners/countries on a quarterly basis and provide substantive inputs to regular management briefs to inform decision making;
- Visit partners, along with the Programme Team, to support monitoring of results and planning processes as required;
- Support the tracking of spending of donor funds and other programme expenditures and disbursements;
- Support the drafting and monitoring of the Zimbabwe CO Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research Plan.
3. Facilitate the reporting of results to internal (Senior Management) and external (Executive Board, Donors) audiences
- Facilitate the process of the Zimbabwe CO adhering to internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines, including the annual reporting process;
- Facilitate the drafting of donor and programme reports (both narrative and financial);
- Identify relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations and input them into programme reporting;
- Review progress reports submitted by partners and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting;
- Collect and maintain data for country, regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations.
4. Provide technical support to the Zimbabwe CO in the implementation the UN Women Evaluation Policy
- Coordinate the implementation of UN Women’s Evaluation plan in the Zimbabwe CO;
- Provide guidance to programme staff on evaluations;
- Ensure communication between the Zimbabwe CO, RO and HQ regarding evaluations;
- Coordinate the completion of management’s response to the UN Women Global Accountability and Tracking of Evaluation Use (GATE).
5. Contribute to knowledge building and capacity building
- Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons and knowledge, as identified through programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Contribute to the development of capacity development tools, including training materials and packages;
- Facilitate capacity building opportunities for staff and partners in the areas of Results Based Management (RBM), Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) among all staff members through communication, training, learning and development activities
- UN Women Programme activities and outputs are regularly monitored, and results documented.
- Quarterly, annual and other donor reports completed on time.
- Support implementation of the CO Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Plan
- Support the training of staff and Partners on RBM and Results Reporting
- Generate timely quarterly and annual work plan reports for review by respective officers and approval by management
- Actively participate in assigned UNSDCF groups which include the SDG and Data for Development and M&E group meetings;
- Support the ZUNDAF/UNSDCF Gender Results Group planning and compilation of the GRG reports;
- Support coordination of any researches and evaluations to be conducted by UN Women and its partners;
- Any other tasks related to M & E work assigned by UN Women.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf.
- Knowledge of UN context and topics: Basic knowledge of the role of the UN Agencies, funds and programmes;
- Comprehensive experience in Monitoring & Evaluation;
- Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis;
- Wide-ranging experience with relevant software packages for data analysis e.g. NVIVO, MS Office applications and for data visualization;
- Good skills in quality assurance of evaluation reports regarding structure, content and analysis;
- Excellent skills to write clear, concise and compelling analytical documents and to synthesize large amounts of quantitative and qualitative information.
- Good design and communication skills including data visualization using infographics, charts, graphs etc.
- Excellent team player who can work in mixed teams exhibiting patience, courtesy, and respect for others and their ideas
- Good knowledge of programme formulation and implementation and Results Based Management
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, evaluation design, data collection and analysis, and reporting
- Ability to synthesize programme performance data and produce analytical reports
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Knowledge of UN programme management systems
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certifications:
- A University degree in development studies, gender studies or related social science field;
- Certificate or diploma in monitoring and evaluation from a recognized institution or equivalent experience
Education and Certifications:
- A minimum of three years working in the field of monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in working with different stakeholders or teams in coordinating reporting writing;
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others);
- Willingness to travel nationally.
- Fluency in English and at least one local language is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;
Duration of work and Duty Station
- The initial duration of the contract is 12 months
- The contract will run from 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022
- The duty station is Harare, Zimbabwe
Please note that applications without a completed and signed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
UN Women Personal History form (P-11) can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment.
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence
Related Jobs (25)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract