Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
- Post Date:March 9, 2021
- Views 493
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Requisition ID: req12652
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Chipinge, Zimbabwe
In anticipation of funding where the IRC will implement an 18 months project in Manicaland in partnership with another INGO, the IRC is looking to recruit an M&E Assistant. Reporting to the M&E Officer, the M&E Assistant will work with the M&E Officer to provide monitoring and evaluation support to project teams implementing an Education in Emergencies (EiE) and Disaster Risk Management (DRM) project in Chimanimani and Chipinge. In close collaboration with the project team and the implementing partner, the M&E Assistant will also be involved in providing the day to day M&E needs of the project at community level to advise learning from the program implementation. The incumbent will be based in Chipinge with frequent travel to the field to offer on-the-spot technical to communities.
Key Job functions/responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement and manage the project database including M&E systems tools and templates to supervise performance. This includes log frames, PMP, and data collection tools, as well as processes for data analysis.
- Collection of quantitative and qualitative data to measure the agreed indicators.
- Participate in data quality assessments to ensure that data is collected and accurately entered databases monthly.
- Collection of qualitative information using standard methodology processes to measure indicators.
- Communicate data to the project team, and other relevant staff for reporting and serve any other data needs as may be required.
- Ensure transparency in accounting, reporting and documenting project activities, and ensure compliance with donor and IRC M&E policies and standard methodology
Collect Client Responsiveness data
Coordination and Representation:
- Participate in the development of M&E indicators, standards and, guidelines and with other implementation partners
Training and Capacity Building:
- Participate in relevant project and partner staff trainings in M&E, especially in the areas of basic concepts of M&E, qualitative and quantitative methods of data collection, analysis and use of M&E data.
- Provide feedback to the M&E Officer in evaluating project teams’ M&E skills/assist in staff capacity assessment to track M&E capacity building needs.
- Regularly visit all field sites to ensure that M&E is being implemented optimally by staff and produce related monitoring reports.
- Degree or Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, or any other related qualification
- At least 2 years’ experience working conducting Monitoring and Evaluation
- Good MS Excel, SPSS , skills is a must
- Ability to use Mobile data collection survey platforms
- Critical and responsive to gender, ethnicity, disability, and other social issues.
- Participatory and team approach to work and behavior.
- Proactive in liaising and problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation, and facilitation skills
- Excellent digital literacy including navigating email, internet and MS WORD, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good personal relationship skills
Deadline: 12 March 2021