Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer
- Post Date:September 23, 2021
- Views 396
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Start date: 1 October 2021
Location: Harare with extensive travel around the country
A local organisation seeks to recruit an MEAL Officer. Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party, the MEAL Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the organisation maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. The MEAL officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the MEAL activities of the organisation; assisting the Deputy Chief of Party and the Senior Programmes Officer in preparing Quarterly / Annual reports on projects progress and will monitor the projects activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the projects and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to project activities.
The MEAL Officer works in close collaboration with work closely with various project teams.
Duties and responsibilities
MEAL Tool Development and Data Management
- Develop and implement a robust monitoring and evaluation system that will ensure tracking of project/ programme results at different levels (outputs, outcomes and impact);
- Develop / Adopt an integrated database of all the organisation’s projects/ programmes and ensure accountability through regular data updates and data integrity;
- Work with programme officer and managers to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data needed for an effective MEAL system which will be utilized in monitoring strengths, weaknesses and gaps in existing projects/ programs and services and for reporting on donor commitments;
- Review existing data collection tools for programmes;
- Incorporate field and technical team feedback to ensure the continuous improvement of data management systems within the organisation;
- Timely update and share data;
- Maintain and update the overall organisational indicator tracker;
- Develop M&E plans for all projects and proposals and ensure the same is followed up during implementation;
- Ensure all grants have updated work-plan and performance management plan (PMPs) in tandem with all approved proposals, regularly reviewing and updating as needed;
- Carry out data quality assessments/ audits regularly for MEAL data based on agreed indicators to guide decision making;
- Provide corrective actions required to avoid delays in implementation, including flagging operational issues and risks requiring timely actions;
- Develop monthly progress; Ensure that cross cutting issues such as participation, gender, age and disability are effectively addressed/ mainstreamed in all project implementations as part of ensuring accountability.
Assessments, Surveys and Evaluation
- Lead and/or coordinate all country assessments, evaluations and performance evaluation tasks including planning and reporting on the same;
- Assist in the development of TOR for external surveys and consultant recruitments/ selection;
- Coordinate the review all survey reports prepared to ensure quality and accurate reporting;
- Timely plan and initiate all pre and post intervention assessments, KAP surveys, After Action Reviews.
Accountability and Capacity Building
- Provide relevant evidence for learning from projects;
- Share learning and provide constructive comments to colleagues in order to ensure programme quality;
- Ensure Sex, Age, Disability Disaggregated Data (SADD), Accountability and Gender standards are consistently adhered in programme delivery;
- Build capacity of staff through training to ensure adoption of new data monitoring tools and quality of data collected;
- Keep abreast of new approaches and tools on M&E, and provide training to staff as requested.
- Enable staff to monitor and evaluate their own efforts, gather relevant data and produce required progress reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics, Demography or Population Studies;
- Master’s Degree an added advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in data processing and management of large scale surveys;
- Demonstrated experience of statistical packages and/ or data analysis software (e.g. SPSS, Excel, Epi Info, SMART, STAT 01) and advanced computer skills (word-processing, spread sheets, and databases) are a must;
- At least 2 years’ direct experience in a position of monitoring and evaluation of large scale projects;
- Experience in USAID, EU funded projects an added advantage;
- Strong experience in conducting a research studies including the entire evaluation cycle, from design and formulation to implementation, analysis and presentation of results and recommendations;
- Good oral and written communication skills in English;
- Must be result focused and be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a multi-cultural team environment;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Technical knowledge and experience in implementation of gender and disability sensitive approaches is a plus;
- Knowledge and experience in implementation of economic empowerment and social protection programme is an added advantage.
Send email with Subject MEAL Officer to: [email protected]
Deadline: 27 September 2021
Related Jobs (27)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time