Mine Surveyor - Hwange
- Post Date:February 24, 2022
- Views 249
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Mining
A rare opportunity is currently available for an experienced Mine Surveyor to join our client’s operation in Hwange.
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting surveys at surface mine sites use advanced surveying techniques and instruments to obtain data used in planning mining operations.
- Drafting maps, drawings and creating database of survey data including development layouts.
- Maintaining accurate plans of mines as a whole and updating maps of the surface layout to account for new buildings and other structures.
- Computing volume of ore (coal) in portions of mine using survey data.
- Measuring the areas and volumes of ore blasted/mined and the quantity of work done by mining contractors.
- Surveying and calculating volume of material deposits, spoil piles, or veins and amount of overburden to be removed.
- Laying out and implementing survey standards, policies and procedures and ensure their compliance with health and safety and all related legal/statutory regulations.
- Inspecting mining lease/claims beacons for any damage or removal and take corrective action.
- Preparing and submitting daily progress reports.
- Minimum of a Higher National Diploma in Mining Surveying from a recognized institution.
- At least 5 years post qualifying experience in survey work preferably in coal mining.
- Competent with survey software, some knowledge of mining CAD software.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, standards and regulations.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please send your updated CV to [email protected]