Mine Planning Engineer (Shurugwi)
- Post Date:May 30, 2021
- Views 399
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
Zimasco (Pvt) Limited, a major player in Zimbabwe’s Ferrochrome Production, has an exciting and challenging career opportunities at its Mining Division. Applications are invited from suitably qualified, competent and experienced persons to fill the vacant position of Mine Planning Engineer on a renewable fixed term contract basis.
Reporting to the Mining Services Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing mine layouts, prepare production and development schedules and quality reconciliation and reporting.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- B.Sc. Mining Engineering or related degree with a minimum of five years’ (5) post- qualification experience, a significant part of which should have been spent doing mine planning and mine design work.
- Experience in the management of mining operations at Shift Boss and/or Mine Captain level
- High level of computer literacy
- Proficiency in the use of mining software packages
- Knowledge of mine economics and environmental requirements
- Analytical skills in performance monitoring, measurement, reporting and gap closing initiatives
- Budgeting and forecasting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills on mining technical issues
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Mine design, short, medium and long term planning and scheduling
- Mine optimisation and continuous process improvement
- Mine Plans production, performance monitoring, measuring, reporting and gap closing
- Mineral Reserve to Smelter tonnage and quality reconciliation and reporting
- Mining project planning, scheduling and implementation and milestone reporting
- Budget and forecasts preparation and analysis
Applications from individuals meeting the above stated requirements together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and proof of qualifications to be submitted to:
The Manpower Services Manager
Zimasco (Private) Limited
P.O. Box 124
Or E-Mail to: [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: O1 JUNE 2021
Applicants should clearly indicate the position being applied for.
Only short-listed and interviewed candidates will receive replies to their applications.