Mine Planning Engineer
- Post Date:August 1, 2022
- Views 356
- Career Level EngineerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Mining
RioZim Ltd. a wholly owned Zimbabwean Company with mining and related operations in several parts of Zimbabwe. invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the vacancy of Mine Planning Engineer at Renco Mine.
A major deliverable is to provide the mine’s short, medium and long-term planning and life of the mine with the applicable standards, legal provisions and HSE requirements. The applicant will also undertake any such tasks, within the scope of
their expertise, as may be directed by the Technical Services Manager inclusive of, but not limited to, the following:
- Enforcement of all mining standards and regulations with regards to safety, health and environmental issues to ensure zero harm is achieved.
- Ensure technical competence of the workforce through coaching and training.
- Ensure high productivity by managing key performance indicators.
- Monitoring of set mining unit costs and the plant demand in terms of quantity and quality of ore produced
- Monitor all mining efficiencies.
- Ensure mine ventilation is up to standards.
- Compliance with the H.S.E. policy, IS014001, and OHSAS 18001 programs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.Sc. Hons Degree in Mining Engineering
- Full blasting Licence
- NEC registration is an advantage
- 3 years post qualification experience in a mining environment.
- Minimum of 2 years at a similar position or Mine Captain position
- Demonstrable knowledge of Mining Software eg Data mine and proficient in MS Excel.
- Demonstrable knowledge ofa recognised HSE system is mandatory.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
PACKAGE: Successful candidate will be offered competitive packages
Interested candidates should submit their applications, together with CVs and copies of qualifications to:
The Human Resources Superintendent
P. Bag 3005
Or Email to: [email protected]
Closing date 2 August, 2022