Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Post Date:June 25, 2021
- Views 241
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Manufacturing
- Implementing on the job, internal and external training and development programmes for all employees
- Producing, implementing and managing Standard Operating Procedures to ensure that the above standards are maintained.
- Producing annual operating budgets and maintaining strict financial controls over all Milling costs.
- Producing daily, weekly and monthly performance reports for both Milling operations.
- Managing the wheat and maize procurement processes to optimize stock holdings, stock quality and stock cost.
- Consistently meeting finished product quality standards and ensuring that all products meet customer quality requirements and specifications.
- Implementing systems for continual operational and quality improvement and innovation.
- Ensuring that all Health, Safety, Environmental and Hygiene requirements are met.
- Liaising with the Engineering Services Manager to ensure that equipment availability and efficiency is maximized by implementing an effective preventive maintenance system.
- Using KPI’s to measure, manage and reward staff performance.
- A Tertiary Qualification in Milling/Food processing industry or related.
- A post-graduate management qualification would also be advantageous.
- Ten years of experience in a wheat milling environment where at least 4 years have been spent at middle management level.
- In depth knowledge of the maize and wheat food industry environment.
- Ability to effectively manage a unionized work force.
- A good understanding of the operations of standardized milling equipment, standardized grain testing equipment and milling laboratory instruments.
- Must be computer literate and should have experience with SCADA control systems.
- Should have good problem solving skills and experience with SPC and root cause analysis.
- Should have experience with Preventive Maintenance systems and managing maintenance personnel.
- Competence in implementing and maintaining ISO/HACCP management systems
- Working knowledge of ISO 22000, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 standards
- Should have good people and performance management skills.
- Should possess good verbal and written communication skills
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (20)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist on July 22, 2021 Full Time
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract