Middle Level Lawyer
- Post Date:May 15, 2021
- Views 415
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Local Law-Based Organisation seeks experienced Lawyer
The position is responsible for offering legal services to a diverse range of beneficiaries, producing high quality research and publications, and working as part of a team, and with minimal supervision.
This job opening is on a fixed term. The lawyer will be based in Manicaland.
Key responsibilities and qualities
- Provide legal advice on human rights cases;
- Represent clients in litigation at all levels, including criminal law;
- Be able to carry out research and build strong public interest cases;
- Able to draft and finalise pleadings with minimum supervision;
- Undertake high quality research and contribute to publications;
- Provide regular reports on cases being handled;
- Able to work in a team of dynamic lawyers;
- Committed to the advancement of human rights;
- Willing to work long hours and after-hours;
- Able to travel around the country including to remote areas;
- Knowledge on the contents of the new Constitution;
- Computer literate.
- Hold a minimum of a LLB degree and registered to practice law in Zimbabwe;
- At least 3 years working experience.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae, academic transcript, samples of research undertaken, together with a covering letter outlining their suitability for the position, date on which they would be able to assume responsibilities if selected, and anticipated salary to [email protected]
No chancers! Only shortlisted candidates and those who provide all the above information, will be contacted.
Deadline: 23 May 2021