- Post Date:September 19, 2021
- Views 267
- Career Level AnalystQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
Our Client in the Manufacturing and Food Industry is looking for a Microbiology Analyst. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position. The incumbent will be reporting to the Works Chemist.
Please send your CV in word format! Also provide your current salary and benefits details!
Purpose: Microbiology Analysis and Monitoring
- Collects the following samples:
- Carries out microbiological analyses (total mesophylic, yeast and moulds, thermophylic and acidophilic bacteria, guaiacol producing TAB, e-coli and salmonella) and diagnoses probable causes for non-conforming results.
- Carries out microbiological analyses on drinking water (viable count, total count, faecal count) and all plant water and condensates.
- Carries out microbiological analyses to test the sterility of packaging material.
- Aseptically samples for analysis by external laboratories.
- Performs swabs on processing equipment and floors after cleaning and sanitation to validate the effectiveness of these activities.
- Conducts environmental counts periodically and randomly to test the sterility of production environment
- Compiles microbiology reports and generates weekly trends; communicates results and indicates areas of non-conformance as required.
- Files all documentation pertaining to microbiology procedures, results and reports.
- Assists as may be required in lab reports
General Lab Management
- Checks functionality and verifies all equipment used in the microbiology laboratory. Reports any fault equipment.
- Cleans and maintains the microbiology laboratory in a good state.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Food Sciences / Applied Biology and Bio Chemistry, Microbiology or any related.
- One year experience in Laboratory
Email CVs to Mirriam Dzapasi: [email protected]
Related Jobs (13)
Strategic Information Evaluation and Learning Director on October 14, 2021 Contract
Assistant Soap Manager on October 12, 2021