MERL Specialist -Social Norms
- Post Date:July 5, 2022
- Views 657
- Career Level SpecialistQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Reporting to the MERL Manager with a direct working relationship with the Project Manager Communications Specialist, the MERL Specialist is responsible for providing specialist guidance and support on the Social Norms project MERL initiatives in line with MERL policy, standards and donor M & E requirements.
- Lead the design of the project MERL Framework including ensuring regular updates in line with the donor MERL guidelines.
- Lead the development and piloting of monitoring tools to ensure they collect relevant data.
- Lead project data collection, analysis, storage and reporting on indicator tracking in line with Donor requirements.
- Plan and coordinate data quality assurance, including frequent data auditing and data spot checks for the Project.
- Lead the analysis, interpretation and reporting of monitoring data and preparation of key performance dashboards to support decision-making, inform adaptive management approaches and improve program quality.
- Ensure effective utilization of PMERL system for data collection, storage, analysis, reporting, data aggregation at different levels and ensure the database is updated on monthly basis.
Evaluation and Research
- Ensure dissemination of the project evaluations findings to donors, government ministries, departments, and other key stakeholders.
- Lead Knowledge Attitudes and Practices survey on protection risks and reporting on child protection violations.
- Coordinate Programme Operational Analytical survey.
- Lead the planning, design and coordination of the project evaluations including reviewing reports.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Training targeted government Ministries and departments on social norms measurement.
- Support development and improvements of existing M&E frameworks for targeted government Ministries and departments.
- Support targeted ggovernment ministries and departments in developing gender responsive M &E to capture changes in targeted communities.
- Facilitate the generation, storage and utilization of project information among targeted ggovernment ministries and departments and other key stakeholders.
- Lead documentation and identification good practices and lessons from the project through various channels to demonstrate program effectiveness.
- Lead the analysis and reporting of monitoring data to support decision-making, inform adaptive management approaches and improve program quality.
Child Protection & gender equality mainstreaming
Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
- A degree in Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics and Operations Research, Strategic Planning or related studies.
- A post graduate degree in research and or monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
- 3- 5 years relevant working experience.
- Ability to use and manage information in Plan’s information and data systems.
- Analyze, synthesize and draw out conclusions and learning from M&E data and processes.
- Understand and consistently apply ethical MER practices.
- Engage and influence staff and management to implement strong MERL practices.
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organization for all children, girls & young people.
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximize long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace.
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and change their own lives.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals
Location: Harare Country Office
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: 7 July 2022
Related Jobs (12)
Design Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer on August 13, 2022 Contract Full Time