MERL Officer (AGYW)
- Post Date:January 15, 2021
- Views 437
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Kwekwe, Zimbabwe
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Officer – Adolescent Girls and Young Women Funded Project (AGYW): Kwekwe (covering Kwekwe & Chimanimani)
Reporting to the MERL Specialist, MERL Officer is responsible for providing support on MERL activities in line with the MERL policy and standards and supports generation of quality evidence for the AGYW Grant progress, performance and results consistently.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- Assist with development and regular updates of the AGYW Project M&E frameworks for projects in line with MERL standards.
- Support effective utilisation of M & E Management Information Systems (PRIMASYS) and the global PMERL System for data collection, storage, analysis, reporting, data aggregation at different levels including use of data for reflective learning & feedback for the AGYW Project.
- Plan and facilitate data quality assurance, including frequent data auditing and data spot checks for the AGYW project.
- Support the development of the AGYW project M & E tools and promote their effective application in tracking project progress.
- Facilitate data collection, verification, compilation, analysis and interpretation of the project data for decision-making.
Evaluation and Research
- Assist in the planning, design and coordination of the project database, mid and endline surveys.
- Review the AGYW project evaluation and research reports and give recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in the development and dissemination of the AGYW project evaluation/research findings to donors, partners, key stakeholders and communities and their utilization in learning activities.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Facilitate the generation, storage and utilization of project information among project staff and key stakeholders.
- Support generation and complication of the AGYW project reports in line with donor guidelines.
- Support building for and partners on basic MERL in line with donor requirements and Plan` s MERL approach.
- Manage SAP to ensure consistency and integrity of the AGYW project data for reporting and decision making.
- Child Protection & gender equality mainstreaming
Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Safeguarding Policy; Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
- A degree in Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics and Operations Research, Strategic Planning or related studies.
- A post graduate degree in research and or monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
- 3- 5 years relevant working experience.
- Manage quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Adapt MERL approaches and methodologies to local context
- Use relevant digital data collection tools
- Work with/manage MERL consultants and data collectors
- Apply recognised standards of data quality assurance
- Use and manage information in Plan’s information and data systems
- Adapt and tailor M&E methodologies, processes and tools to different target groups and contexts
- Understand and consistently apply ethical MERL practices
- Engage and influence staff and management to implement strong MERL practices
- Promote and encourage discussion and learning on gender and inclusion in M&E
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals
Location: Zimbabwe (Kwekwe)
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date : 21 January 2021