- Post Date:July 5, 2022
- Views 476
- Career Level CoordinatorQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Reporting to the Child Rights and Protection MERL Specialist with direct working relationships with MERL Manager and Program Area Manager. The MERL Coordinator is responsible for providing guidance and support on all Program Area MERL initiatives in line with MERL policy, standards and procedures.
- Support development and ensuring regular updates of the Program Area projects M&E frameworks for projects in line with MERL standards.
- Support development project M & E tools and promote their effective application in tracking project progress.
- Plan and coordinate data quality assurance, including frequent data auditing and data spot checks for Program Area projects.
- Support project data collection, analysis, storage and reporting on indicator tracking in line with MERL requirements.
- Ensure effective utilization of PMERL system at the Program Area for data collection, storage, analysis, reporting, data aggregation at different levels and ensure the database is updated on monthly basis.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of feedback and accountability mechanisms at Program Area Level.
Evaluation and Research
- Coordinate planning of all Program Area evaluation and research including reviewing consultant Terms of Reference, quality implementation of the sampling methodology and data collection.
- Review evaluation and research reports and give recommendations on finding relating to program design and influencing initiatives.
- Ensure effective dissemination of the Program Area evaluation/research findings to donors, partners, key stakeholders and communities and their utilization in learning activities.
- Conduct completeness assessment for evaluation and research technical reports.
- Support generation and review of management response and action plans for evaluation and research initiatives to ensure that recommendations are actioned at the PA.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Support Program Area annual planning, quarterly and annual reporting initiatives.
- Support documentation and identification good practices and lessons from projects through various channels to demonstrate program effectiveness.
- Coordinate Program Area learning and reflection initiatives.
- Facilitate the generation, storage and utilization of project data among Program Area staff and key stakeholders.
- Build capacity of staff and partners on basic MERL in line with Plan` s MERL approach.
Child Protection & gender equality mainstreaming
Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
- A degree in Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics and Operations Research, Strategic Planning or related studies.
- A post graduate degree in research and or monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
- 3- 5 years relevant working experience.
- Manage quantitative and qualitative data collection.
- Adapt MERL approaches and methodologies to local context.
- Develop and implement M&E frameworks at strategic (country strategy) and operational (projects) levels.
- Understand and consistently apply ethical MER practices.
- Engage and influence staff and management to implement strong MERL practices. Promote and support alignment between projects, country and global M&E results frameworks.
- Support network of M&E staff to jointly learn from, develop and innovate research practice and methodologies.
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organization for all children, girls & young people.
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximize long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace.
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and change their own lives.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals
Location: Kwekwe Program Area
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: 7 July 2022
Related Jobs (16)
Design Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer on August 13, 2022 Contract Full Time