Medical Superintendent (Readvertisement)
- Post Date:March 15, 2022
- Views 513
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the post of Medical Superintendent (Readvertisement) which has fallen vacant within the Ministry of Heath & Child Care.
REPORTS TO: Provincial Medical Director
STATION: Gwanda Provincial Hospital; Masvingo Provincial Hospital; Chivhu General Hospital
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership to the Hospital Executive Committee, Departmental Heads and staff of the hospital in order to deliver quality medical care.
- Formulates and executes short- and long-term policies for the hospital in fine with guidelines provided by the Provincial Medical Director.
- Monitors and evaluates services provided by the hospital regularly.
- Ensures cost effective and efficient use of all resources in the hospital and its satellite stations.
- Ensures effective management of clinical services and non-clinical support services.
- Effects sound human resources management and development ie. ensure staff performance appraisals are done, identify staff development needs and training programmes etc.
- In consultation with the Provincial Medical Director ensures that Ministry of Health and Child Care and provincial health policies are adhered to.
- Performs clinical duties when necessary.
- Convenes medical boards required for civil servants and any other calegory of patients as agreed with Provincial Medical Director.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- MBChB or equivalent
- MMed/ MPH/Clinical Fellowships
- At least two years’ experience at a grade immediately below the Medical Superintendent grade.
- Registration with Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Computer literacy
- Management training
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests
Candidates who meet the requirements of the post s are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 17 June 2022 to:
The Executive Director
Health Service Board
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
P. Bag A6104
E-Mail: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.