Medical Statistician/ Epidemiologist
- Post Date:May 21, 2021
- Views 417
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
The Biomedical Research and Training Institute (BRTI) is a not-for-profit organization in Zimbabwe, whose function is to promote research and training medicine and health through provision of infrastructural support that health scientists need to become effective researchers and thus improve the provision of health and reduce the brain drain from the country.
We have a vacancy for a Medical Statistician or Epidemiologist with strong quantitative skills, to join a leading group working on public health research in Zimbabwe. The person appointed will be responsible for the statistical analysis of results including analysis of cluster randomised trials and observational studies, and the preparation of research findings for publication, and will also contribute to the design and organisation of new studies, and will be encouraged to pursue independent applied and methodological research arising from the group’s activities.
- Applicants should have a master’s degree in statistics or epidemiology, with a strong interest in quantitative methods applied to public health, and experience of working as a statistician in an epidemiological context.
- Also desirable will be a PhD in Epidemiology, Medical Statistics or related subject and publications in peer-reviewed journals commensurate with duration of research activity.
- A demonstrated aptitude for applied statistical research in public health;
- Experience of participation as a statistician in collaborative medical research projects with non-statisticians;
- Knowledge, and experience with, statistical packages such as Stata and R;
- Ability to conduct longitudinal data analysis;
- An ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritise across them to meet deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a multidisciplinary setting.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to:
The Office Manager,
Biomedical Research and Training Institute,
11 Routledge Road,
Or email: [email protected] please highlight in subject matter “Medical Statistician” Start date to be confirmed at interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28 May 2021
Related Jobs (45)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist on July 22, 2021 Full Time
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract