- Post Date:May 19, 2021
- Views 464
- Career Level OfficerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
The University of Zimbabwe – Clinical Trials Research Centre (UZ-CTRC) is a centre of excellence which implements high level HIV prevention and treatment research and collaborates with a broad range of partners internationally.
University of Zimbabwe – Clinical Trials Research Centre (UZ-CTRC) is seeking a suitably trained, competent, talented, and qualified Medical Officer to take part in Clinical Research for the UZ-CTRC Project across the Clinical Research Sites (CRSs) in Harare and Chitungwiza. The temporary post is open for 6 months (June 2021 to November 2021) to assist in the CoVPN protocol.
- Clinical monitoring and regular follow-up of study participants in close liaison with the CRS Leaders, other Investigators, CRS Coordinators, Laboratory Scientists, Research Nurses and Counsellors;
- In the event of adverse events, is responsible for clinical management, including facilitation of transfer to hospital as well as coordinating and collecting the documentation necessary to record such events;
- Prompt reporting of such events to the Investigator of Record and the timely completion of adverse experience (AE) forms, serious adverse experience (SAE) forms and expedited adverse event (EAE) forms as required by the protocol;
- Development of study implementation materials; Generation of training programs and participating in the clinical training of other staff members;
- Works with the Investigator of Record and Principal Investigator in preparing manuscripts for presentation and publication;
- Assists in setting the research agenda for ancillary studies performed by the study team.
- MBChB or equivalent;
- A minimum of three years post-internship experience as a Clinician in the public health service;
- Clinical experience in human virology, immunology and vaccine research-related fields would be an added advantage;
- Registration with the Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe (MDPCZ) is an absolute requirement.
Interested candidates should forward applications and detailed curriculum vitae to the below mentioned address:
The Human Resources Manager;
15 Phillips Avenue;
Deadline: 28 May 2021
Related Jobs (8)
Technical Field Officer – Health and Nutrition (10) on September 21, 2021 Contract
Ultra-Med Health Medical Aid Society has various vacancies available on September 20, 2021 Contract Full Time