Medical Officer for Victoria Chitepo Centre of Excellency
- Post Date:February 23, 2021
- Views 290
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
AHF is an international humanitarian organization operating in Zimbabwe, collaborating with the Ministry of Health and Child Care to create centres of excellence(COE) in health. AHF is looking for a Medical Officer for Victoria Chitepo Centre of Excellency. The successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Medical Superintendent and AHF National Medical Director.
The Medical Officer provides leadership and direction to maximize the potential of medical and non-medical staff involved in patient care. He/she provides professional medical services to complement the delivery of HIV/AIDS treatment and care and related general medical services; supports leadership development, works closely with, and provides training, supervision and mentorship for middle managers in the facility including the Medical Officers and Nurses. He/she actively participates in management of resources such as staff, infrastructure, maintaining strategic partnerships; reporting and ensuring quality standards of care are delivered at the facility.
Job Description and Main Responsibilities
- Maintains 40 hours weekly to see patients at the clinic, providing initiation, treatment, care and follow-up as required;
- Provides leadership in analysis of reports, tests, examination and facilitation of referrals to medical specialists or other practitioners for specialized treatment;
- Responsible for maintaining delivery of high quality medical care and efficiency of all services provided within the program;
- Leads the development and implementation of SOPS by ensuring that the staff understand and adhere to them;
- Analyses clinical data to inform quality of care in consultation with the M & E team;
- Ensures and monitors that all clinic staff participate in scheduled staff and recommended CME (continued medical education) in a manner that upholds peer interaction, with monthly CMEs held per clinic site;
- Develops the capacity of the workforce to contribute to and respond to strategic priorities, with emphasis on expanding access to ARV’s and continuously providing quality care;
- Organizes staff training on medical protocols, new guidelines/directives in accordance with current legislation etc.;
- Prepares monthly and other important reports as necessary and required by AHF management;
- Interacts and liaises with partners in a manner that is professional and promotes the principle of positive collaboration;
- Undertakes any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from a recognized institution;
- Registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Zimbabwe AND Current open practicing certificate;
- At least 5 years as a health worker, 2 years of which should be in a senior position, Research experience preferred, Teaching and mentoring experience preferred, Specialist interest in HIV management
Interested candidates should send their applications to: [email protected] with a subject line Medical Officer – Victoria Chitepo COE.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 5 March 2021