Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Post Date:May 17, 2021
- Views 462
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Applications are invited from competent, suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill in the position of Medical Laboratory Scientist based at Corporate 24 Hospital Harare.
- Perform and report lab test results accurately and efficiently in accordance with section guidelines to ensure a safe working environment
- Perform clerical and computer tasks associated with specimen handling and analysis
- Participate in service education programs and technical advancement opportunities
- Provide correct and complete patient samples identification at all times from sample delivery to reporting analysis results
- Be aware of/and handle hazardous materials in accordance with regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
- Exhibit an appropriate attitude of professionalism in dealing with hospital staff, patients, visitors, co-workers and supervisors
- Demonstrate commitment to the hospital and laboratory department’s philosophy, goals and standards of laboratory testing
- Practice cost effective measures through appropriate use of laboratory supplies and equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of disease processes; diagnostic tests normal and abnormal.
- Physical ability to perform basic laboratory procedures.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work and remain focused under pressure
- Good decision making skills with ability to work under minimum supervision
- An understanding of patient confidentiality
- The ability to pay thorough attention to detail
- Degree in Medical Laboratory Science (HBMLS) or equivalent
- Current Practising certificate
- At least 2 years’ experience
How to Apply:
Interested persons should submit their HANDWRITTEN applications together with Curriculum Vitae and copies of proof of qualification no later than 20 May 2021 to:
Corporate 24 Hospital Group
6 Bath Road,
ALL ENVELOPES SHOULD CLEARLY STATE THE POSITION BEING APPLIED FOR.