Medical Laboratory Scientist – Bulawayo Laboratory
- Post Date:July 26, 2021
- Views 288
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Cimas wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the Medical Laboratory Scientist role that has arisen in the Healthcare Services Division.
- Collects patient specimens which include blood, non-blood specimens and performs specialized procedures at point of contact with patients as and when necessary.
- Registers patient information in Laboratory Information System (LIS) as needed.
- Prepares and checks for adequacy and quality of specimens submitted for testing.
- Performs and documents daily equipment function by checking and calibrating to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results.
- Runs prescribed routine and high complexity assays on manual and on automated platforms in line with Standard Operating Procedures and adhering to quality control to include IQC and proficiency testing.
- Monitors test quality, accuracy, timely testing and release of results through tracking turnaround times, pending tests and updating daily work lists.
- Validates test results through correlation with test parameters (e.g. Hgb/Hct, anion gap, etc.), to ensure accuracy and determine reasonableness of results prior to reporting of test results.
- Reports test results via phone or electronical mail to ensure timeous dispatch of data required by health and medical professionals.
- Documents quality related occurrences, immediate action taken, root cause analysis and corrective action implemented.
- Participates in external quality assurance programs by conforming internal testing processes and quality against other global laboratories.
- Assures that the department has adequate supply of testing materials by placing orders on time and ensuring cost-effective utilisation.
- Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- 1-year post graduate internship experience
- Valid Practicing Certificate with the Medical Laboratory and Clinical Scientist Council of Zimbabwe
If you are interested apply no later than 28th July, 2021
Related Jobs (18)
Technical Field Officer – Health and Nutrition (10) on September 21, 2021 Contract
Ultra-Med Health Medical Aid Society has various vacancies available on September 20, 2021 Contract Full Time