Medical Equipment Technician
- Post Date:December 14, 2021
- Views 253
- Career Level TechnicianQualification CertificateExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants for the vacant position of MEDICAL EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN that has arisen in its Health Department.
LOCATION: BEATRICE ROAD INFECTIOUS DISEASES HOSPITAL
REPORTS TO: MEDICAL EQUIPMENT SUPERVISOR
To ensure continuous operation of specialised medical equipment, general appliances and maintenance of the same.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Carries out repairs and maintenance of specialised life-saving equipment
- Maintenance of general medical equipment such as beds, drugs trolleys, wheel chairs, walking frames, mortuary trolleys, gas lamps, dental chairs and hospital furniture.
- Ensures the maintenance of domestic appliances such as stand-by generators, oil jacketed pots, stoves, irons, tea-ums fans, electric heaters, electric kettles, hoovers, floor polishers, laundry electric boilers and lawn mowers.
- Maintenance of electrical equipment and fittings such as fitting socket-outlets and immersion geyser elements, conductors, electric bells, security lights, fluorescent tubes, ballasts, MCBs, lamp holders, dynamic starters and capacitors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 O’Levels
- Electrician Class 2
- Certificate/ Diploma in Refrigeration and Hospital Equipment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Paying attention to detail
Applications clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for, shall be addressed to:
The Human Capital Director, City of Harare, P O Box 1680, Harare,
OR hand delivered to
Records Office,Basement, Room B32, Rowan Martin Building, Harare
Not later than 16 December 2021.
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer.