- Post Date:January 31, 2022
- Views 258
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: The Director Flight Safety and Standards.
Location: Head Office
Ensuring ICAO compliance with regards to medical requirements, compliance of air ambulance operators, appropriate aviation medicine training of flight crew, oversight of airport clinics and first aid rooms and to participate in accident investigation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing and ensuring the overall operations and productivity of the department in line with CAAZ’s vision, mission, and objectives in accordance with the applicable regulations and standards and Department SOPs.
- Coordinating with Designated Aviation Medical Examiners (DAMEs) within Zimbabwe and those of other ICAO Contracting States.
- Conducting oversight of the medical certification processes and procedures.
- Conducting oversight on certification of aviation personnel submitted by DAMEs.
- Ensuring that accredited medical conclusions are reached by DAMEs.
- Conducting research to analyse trends and implementation of aviation safety intervention strategies.
- Evaluating foreign medical records and validations.
- Preparing the enforcement in medical cases related non-compliant applicants and DAMEs for submission to the Legal Division
- Coordinating medicalappeals and conducting researchrelated to the medical appeal process.
- Coordinating and participating in the training of Aerospace Medicine Course.
- Initiating regulatory review in line with ICAO and International Best Practice, workshop and submit to REDCOM for approval and promulgation relating to medical certification.
- Providing medical information and advice for accident investigations.
- Developing checklist for practical tests and oversight of the DAMEs practices.
- Managing medical certification queries and other issues related to aviation medicine.
- Development of regulations and guidelines related to the spread of communicable disease by air travel.
- Evaluating manuals and procedures to ensure compliance to the spread of communicable disease by air travel.
- Initiating enforcement for non-compliant of airports, airlines, charter, ANS and others.
- Evaluating manuals, development of master surveillance plan and conduct audits.
- Initiating enforcement for non-compliance of operators and personnel.
- Training industry through presentations and oversight of operators and ATO.
- Developing regulations and guidelines related to operators/ATO.
Qualifications and experience
- MBCHB with Post Graduate Diploma or Higher Qualification in Aviation Medicine or Administrative Medicine or Medico-Legal
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Aviation Medical Examiner
Skills and Competences
- Sound working knowledge of aviation regulations and ICAO SARPS/USOAP standards of Annexes.
- At least five years’ experience in a Civil Aviation Authority or Military Aviation in an aviation medical examiner role involving practical experience at a management level.
- Sound knowledge of Aeronautical Information Services and Safety Management.
- Computer literacy
- Good communication skills
- Ability to coordinate the certification and surveillance of aviation medical examination facilities and DAMEs.
Interested candidates should submit applications and their Curriculum Vitae, including certified copies of educational and professional certificates not later than 6 February 2022 to: –
Human Resources and Administration Director
Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe
Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
Level 3, New Terminal Building
P. Bag 7716
The Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.