Medical Activity Manager
- Post Date:January 25, 2021
- Views 318
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Medecins Sans Frontieres – Belgium is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff – most of them hired locally. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality.
The position is overally responsible for the definition, coordination and monitoring of medical Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health activities in Mbare according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition of the target population, working in close collaboration with Midwife Activity Manager, Medical Doctor, Nursing Team Supervisor and Project Operations Responsible
Accountable for overall Medical Objectives:
- Strategy development, review and implementation within Project;
- Participates in the definition of annual strategies and periodic operational plans and budget for the project and follow up of the program;
- Provides medical technical support to personnel through self-knowledge, available medical library, consultation of expertise (both MSF & externally) and policies, ensuring compliance with protocols of MSF;
- Integrates the selection of spectrum of advice & recommendations from global expertise, through translation into the operational context, in collaboration with the Project Operations Responsible (Project Coordinator);
- Represent MSF at District and Provincial level, establishing and cultivating collaborations with health authorities inclusive of City of Harare Health Department, Clinics, other medical NGOs, and other medical stakeholders;
- Monitor the humanitarian and health situation within the project area, networking with national and international actors; transmitting all relevant information to the Project Operations Responsible & the Capital Support team;
- Overally responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of epidemiological data;
- Plan, coordinate and execute with support of mission resources the execution of Human Resources Management value chain (Resourcing, organizing, coaching, performance management, talent management and psychosocial support) in line with MSF values and behavioral commitments;
- Provides essential strategic medical support to the Environmental Health / WASH project on the design, review, implementation and the monitoring and evaluation of Environmental Health / WASH medical activities;
- Ability to effectively work in a diverse multicultural team and multi-tasking, with humanitarian agility
- Medicine and Surgery or Paramedical degree, or training in Tropical Medicine or related studies;
- Experience working in the medical humanitarian field, with international NGO in an inter-cultural context;
- Experience working within, leading and coordinating teams essential;
- Progressive experience and knowledge of data collection, analysis, monitoring and evaluation;
- Mature, collaborative leader with excellent organizational skills – establish priorities and follow-up plans;
- Progressive management and leadership experience including people leadership, budgeting and budgetary control;
- Valid Medical Practicing Certificate
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward their detailed CV & motivation letter to: The Project Coordinator, 9 Bantry Road, Alexandra Park, Harare – or by email to [email protected] and [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that MSF-Belgium, Zimbabwe Mission does not solicit any organization or individual to recruit on their behalf.
No fee is charged throughout the recruitment process.
Canvassing will automatically disqualify candidates.
Deadline: 2 February 2021