Medical Activity Manager
- Post Date:July 6, 2021
- Views 255
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Medecins Sans Frontieres – Belgium is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistics and administrative staff – most of them hired locally. Our actions are guided by medical ethics, bearing witness and the principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality.
The position is responsible for the definition, coordination and monitoring medical activities in Beitbridge and Matabeleland South province according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition of the target population.
- Accountable for overall Medical Objectives – Strategy development, review and implementation within Project;
- Participating in the definition of annual planning and budget for the project and in the follow up of the programs / project;
- Supervising and ensuring that medical activities/objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, reporting to the technical referent and the Project Coordinator any problem(s) arising;
- Provides medical technical support to personnel through self-knowledge, available medical library, consultation of expertise (both MSF & externally) and policies, ensuring compliance with protocols of MSF;
- Integrates the selection of spectrum of advice & recommendations from global expertise, through translation into the operational context, in collaboration with the Project Operations Responsible (Project Coordinator);
- Participates in the setup of local emergency interventions, with support from the Emergency Coordinator;
- Represent MSF at District and Provincial level, establishing and cultivating collaborations with health authorities, other medical NGOs, and other medical stakeholders;
- Monitor the humanitarian and health situation within Matabeleland South Province, networking with national & international actors; transmitting all relevant information to the Project Coordinator & the Capital Support team;
- Overally responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of epidemiological data, collaborating with the mission Epidemiologist and the Data Officer to collect activity data and generate key indicators;
- Plan, coordinate and execute with support of mission resources the execution of Human Resources Management value chain for the medical team (Resourcing, organizing, coaching, performance management, talent management, staff health and psychosocial support) in line with MSF values and behavioral commitments;
- Ability to effectively work in a diverse multicultural team and multi-tasking, with humanitarian agility.
- Medicine and Surgery or Paramedical degree, or training in Tropical Medicine or related studies;
- Masters in Public Health & experience in working for migrant population or other people on the move is an asset;
- Experience working in the medical humanitarian field, with international NGO in an inter-cultural context;
- Experience working within, leading and coordinating teams essential;
- Progressive experience and knowledge of data collection, analysis, monitoring and evaluation;
- Mature, collaborative leader with excellent organizational skills – establish priorities and follow-up plans;
- Progressive management and leadership experience including people leadership, budgeting and budgetary control;
- Valid Medical Practicing Certificate;
- Essential field humanitarian experience in similar contexts (conflict, disasters, resource-poor environments) – MSF or other humanitarian International NGOs experience desirable;
- Strong command of English and local languages, both written and spoken;
- Essential computer literacy-MS package;
- Flexible with a good team working spirit.
Interested, qualified and experienced candidates meeting the above criteria (available to start immediately) should forward their detailed CVs & motivation letter to:
The Project Coordinator
1715 Impala Extension,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; Please note that MSF-Belgium, Zimbabwe Mission does not solicit any organization or individual to recruit on their behalf. No fee is charged throughout the recruitment, selection and placement process; Canvassing will lead to disqualification of candidates.
Deadline: 11 July 2021