Media & Communications Assistant
- Post Date:July 28, 2021
- Views 372
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
The Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association is calling for applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of Media and Communications Assistant that has arisen within the organization.
This role requires an energetic, tech-savvy, dedicated and detail-oriented person with the ability to manage multiple tasks while adapting to shifting priorities.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide support to the Media and Communications Officer in implementing the organisation’s Communications Strategy, in line with the organisation’s quality assurance framework including graphic designing;
- With support from the Media and Communications Officer, document, and package information, education, and communication (IEC) materials;
- Support the overall implementation of specific project related Communication and Visibility Plans;
- Collaborate with other project officers, lawyers and other ZELA staff within the organisation, in identifying new opportunities for the organization, including coming up with innovative ways to implement projects;
- Actively participate in the designing of fundraising proposals and other key documents developed by the organization;
- Secure organisational multimedia content online and offline;
- Assist in any other communications and administrative tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Attributes and qualifications
- A first degree in Journalism and Media Studies, English and Communications Studies, Information Science, Graphic Designing or any other relevant qualification;
- A Postgraduate qualification is an added advantage;
- Impeccable command of the English language coupled with strong writing and copy-editing skills;
- At least two-years’ experience in the field of Communication, implementing projects related to governance, extractives and/or development;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite: Graphic designing, and visual communication knowledge is a must;
- Ability to plan and coordinate media events or community engagement meetings;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- Capable of working as part of a team in a dynamic multi-cultural setting;
- Ability to travel, sometimes with limited notice;
- Language abilities in Ndebele and/ or Shona or any other local language is an added advantage.
Send a copy of your application letter and CV with at least three references to [email protected] with Vac: Media and Communication Assistant clearly stated in the email subject.
Deadline: 8 August 2021