Mechanic/Diesel Plant Fitter
- Post Date:March 22, 2022
- Views 271
- Career Level EngineerQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Local Government
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of MECHANIC/DIESEL PLANT FITTER (GRADE 9) (12 MONTHS FIXED TERM SUBJECT TO RENEWAL PENDING ON PERFORMANCE) which have arisen within Murewa Rural District Council, Head Office.
The incumbent will be reporting to the Engineer and will be responsible for repair and maintenance of Council Plant and Equipment and Fleet of vehicles.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Joumeyman Class 1 or 2 in diesel plant fitting.
- Experience in Diesel and Petrol Light and Heavy Motor Vehicle Repair and Maintenance.
- At least one year experience in diesel plant fitting and light motor vehicles repair and maintenance.
- Valid Police Clearance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintenance and problem diagnosis of Council Plant and Equipment and light vehicles.
- Attending to breakdowns of the Plant and Equipment and light vehicles.
- Ensuring the overall effective operations of the Plant and Equipment.
- Completing job cards and maintenance sheets for jobs done and submitting these forms to the Engineer.
- Installing component and part upgrades; and controlling corrosion on the Council Plant and Equipment.
- Containment of Plant and Equipment maintenance costs by using warranty: evaluating service and parts options.
- Any other duties as directed by seniors.
Interested applicants should submit application letters accompanied by detailed curriculum vitaes including three contactable referees together with certified copies of academic and professional qualifications which should reach the undersigned through posting or hand delivering not later than Friday 25 March 2022.
The Chief Executive Officer
Murewa Rural District Council
P BAG 601
MUREWA RURAL DISTRICT COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY