- Post Date:September 2, 2021
- Views 376
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Jointed Hands Welfare Organisation (JHWO) is a local NGO that envisions a harm and disease-free society. JHWO implements multiple interventions across the country under the four strategic pillars namely, Health, Orphans and Vulnerable Children, Adolescents and Youth, Economic Strengthening and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Research and Learning.
Under the Health pillar, JHWO is implementing a Pathways project in Gweru and Nkayi whose goal is to enhance the resilience of Orphans and Vulnerable Children and their caregivers towards getting to zero new HIV infections in Zimbabwe by 2022. In Kwekwe, the organisation aims to find, test, and treat at least 1000 missed HIV infected children through a community and household case management approach. The Kunda-Nqob’iTB (KN-TB) meaning the fight against TB initiative, is a 5-year USAID support to the TB Local Organization Network program in Zimbabwe with JHWO being one of the four partners that covers 8 districts across the country and soon increasing to 14. To complement government in its quest for health for all, JHWO has a clinic at Riverdale that offers primary health care and has a laboratory to ease pressure from surrounding diagnostic sites. The organisation is host to the Stop TB Partnership Zimbabwe platform, one of the many country-level Stop TB partnerships that was formed in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Child Care’s National TB Program with support from Stop TB Partnership Global. It is against the mandate of the health pillar that the organisation seeks a MEAL Officer to fill in the position that has arisen under the KN-TB project
The MEAL Officer will report to the Strategic Information Manager (SIM) for efficient and timely submission of reports from all project sites. He/she will collate and consolidate data from districts into a comprehensive report and supervise quality data collection activities. The MEALO will work closely with Programs Officers on baselines, surveys, data collection, data analysis, mentorship and reporting.
The MEALO will:
- provide guidance in monitoring and reporting of TB activities undertaken by District Officers in collaboration with the MOHCC;
- Troubleshoot non performing Districts and provide solutions;
- Lead simple analysis and reflective discussions on TB data, implement activities according to MEAL detailed Implementation Plan;
- Work closely with District staff to ensure data collection, data entry, data analysis, presentation and reporting;
- Plan and undertake initial baseline surveys, mid- term surveys and end of project evaluation to track project progress and impact;
- Develop and maintain information tracking systems, tracking sheets or databases, especially Indicator Performance Tracking Tables for TB indicators;
- Periodically review the Performance Indicator Tracking Table and use it regularly with project/partner staff to examine progress towards the project’s annual and life targets and realization of the theory of change;
- Develop data collection tools for the project that will collect information on TB ;
- Identify, document and share lessons, most significant change stories and best practices;
- Train District staff on DHIS and other databases;
- Compile reports for dissemination with donors;
- Contribute to the consolidation and facilitation of a functional organisational MIS system and participate in resource mobilization processes.
- Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Health Promotion or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and experience in reporting of TB indicators.
- Experience using statistical packages- SPSS, NVivo, R, MATLAB,SAS,STATA and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Understanding and experience using MoHCC data systems especially DHIS will be a strong advantage.
- Good in documentation -report writing, designing research and rapid assessment, abstracts and resource mobilisation.
- Class 4 driver’s licence a must , defensive driver’s licence and class 3 an added advantage.
- Good relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Good analytical, translation and packaging skills.
- Diligent, accurate and timely in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Initiative-taker and results oriented.
To apply for this position please send your certificates, CV, copy of licence and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that JHWO does not solicit any organization or individual to recruit on their behalf. No fee is charged throughout the recruitment, selection and placement process. Canvassing will lead to disqualification of candidates.
Deadline: 10 September 2021
Related Jobs (70)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (D,M&E) Coordinator -Education on October 25, 2021 Contract