MEAL Manager OVC
- Post Date:March 26, 2021
- Views 378
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: OVC Programme Manager
JF Kapnek a registered PVO which has been operating in Zimbabwe since 1986 whose mission is to improve family health, reduce child mortality and create educational opportunities for the children of Zimbabwe through the implementation of scalable, sustainable programs is seeking to fill the vacancies of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Manager (MEAL).
The MEAL manager is responsible for design, implementing monitoring and evaluating systems for the OVC programme. S/he will be responsible for establishing, modifying, and monitoring key performance indicators to report and record physical progress for specific projects within all OVC programmes: ensuring agreed deliverables are met. He/She is responsible for ensuring that MEAL department is aligned in terms of structure and functions to effectively design, refine, and implement the MEAL system and Plans. The MEAL Manager reports directly to the Programme Manager and provides direct mentorship and supervisory support to a team of MEAL officers at national and district levels with estimated 60% travelling time to districts of operations. He/She will work closely and in liaison with the Child Protection Manager in providing information relevant to the supervision and performance management of project teams in meeting key project specific deliverables.
Support the Program Manager in strategic Programme activities:
- Assist the programme manager in preparing and tracking overall Annual work plan and budgets.
- Assist the programme manager in ensuring quality delivery of projects.
- Support the Programme manager with strategic information on proposal development and MEAL frameworks.
MEAL Strategy and design:
- Lead in developing project-level Theories of Change, Results Frameworks, Programs, related MEAL system tools and components.
- Oversee and guide development of the project’s management information system and database.
- Provide strategic direction for the development and maintenance of OVC portfolio MEAL systems.
MEAL Implementation and coordination:
- Strengthen quality data collection, analysis and reporting on projects indicators through provision of overall guidance to project staff in the design and enhancement of MEAL tools, protocols, surveys, and evaluation events.
- Lead mandated evaluations, needs assessments, annual surveys, case studies, and other evaluation efforts.
- Manage donor driven MEAL inquiries, requirements i.e., end of year beneficiary counts, Annual MEAL policies and procedures self-assessments, etc.
- Lead the development of transparent high quality accountability mechanisms, including beneficiary feedback and response mechanisms, and ensure they are regularly monitored and evaluated.
Knowledge Management, Learning and Adaptation:
- Leverage lessons learned, best practices, program data, evaluations, and other information to generate donor communication pieces, proposal annexes, success stories, case studies, and other high-quality, results-based documentation.
- Develop terms of reference (TOR) for studies and scope of work (SOW) for consultants to conduct external special studies, reviews and project evaluations, review evaluation tools and methodology and ensure the necessary level of technical rigor as per donor and MEAL policies and Procedures.
- Prepare and lead learning activities within the projects to ensure promising practices, lessons learned, and recommendations are identified, documented, disseminated, and used to improve program quality.
Support, supervise and performance manage the MEAL team:
- Actively contribute to the recruitment process for all new MEAL project staff to ensure effective integration of MEAL competencies.
- Directly supervises OVC programme MEAL staff and provide mentoring supportive supervision to all OVC programme MEAL staff.
- Identify the MEAL training needs of MEAL staff and work with the team and other structures to plan and implement training that meets these needs.
Documentation, Communication, and Reporting:
- Develop internal systems for documentation and reporting of project activities and successes.
- Identification and documentation of success stories, achievements, lesson learned and document recommendations to be integrated into broader knowledge management efforts.
- Coordinate the production of all MEAL reports on program performance, and on data processes, systems, and quality to inculcate evidence-based programing.
- Support the Programme manager in ensuring timely and complete submission of routine reports, all data requests, and responses to donor requests for performance, and success stories.
- Provide regular project status report updates to senior management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Advanced Degree in Social sciences (Development Studies, Social Work, Monitoring and Evaluation, Information management, Project Management, Public health).
- Post graduate qualifications in MEAL related fields.
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience of monitoring and evaluation in both developmental and emergency contexts; experience with MEAL on projects working with vulnerable children a distinct advantage.
- Experience in the use of ICT4D preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to design MEAL tools, surveys, surveillance systems and evaluations.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering effective trainings as part of capacity building others.
- Significant experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods, survey design and implementation, and statistical data analysis required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrated leadership, technical and management expertise, and supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative data analysis techniques including the use of computer packages.
- Highly computer literate (Microsoft word and excel)
Functional skills and Competencies
- Sets clear goals and manages toward them.
- Collaborates effectively with staff and stakeholders.
- Manages financial resources with integrity.
- Applies program quality standards to project design and organizational learning.
- Remains productive when under pressure.
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work.
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender, and backgrounds.
Submit your CV and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject line.
After sending your CV, complete the application here: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx…
JF Kapnek Trust has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment and is committed to the upholding of children’s rights. The successful candidate will be required to commit to child protection/safeguarding and to be bound by the JF Kapnek Child Protection Policy. JF Kapnek does not charge any fees during its entire recruitment process.
Applications will be considered as they are received.
Deadline: 28 March 2021