Meal Assistant – Health
- Post Date:June 14, 2021
- Views 363
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: Meal Coordinator
The Salvation Army-Howard Mission Hospital is a registered faith based organization providing clinical and social services to marginalized communities in Mashonaland Central of Zimbabwe. The organization is committed to improve the wellbeing of people through quality health care, child protection and household economic empowerment. A dedicated team of experts with a mix of unique talent is helping the organization in addressing the community’s connected challenges.
- Ensure quality data collection;
- Provides guidance in monitoring and reporting of Pathways HIV/AIDS activities (HIV Testing and Counseling, referral and linkage, HIV treatment, adherence, viral load monitoring etc.), undertaken by Salvation Army in collaboration with the MOHCC;
- Leads simple analyses and reflective discussion on HIV data;
- Contributes initial findings and field-based insights to project discussions;
- Fosters respectful relationships with community members and stakeholders;
- Promote honesty and integrity in work of MEAL Agents;
- Implements activities according to MEAL Detailed Implementation Plan;
- Assist MEAL Coordinator in data collection, analysis, presentation, reporting and storage;
- Assist in developing and ensuring maintenance of information tracking systems (tracking sheets or databases), especially Indicator Performance Tracking Table, for Health indicators;
- Periodically review the Performance Indicator Tracking Table and use it regularly with programs staff to examine progress towards the projects annual targets;
- Developing data collection tools for the project that will collect information on Health domain;
- Field test M&E tools with programs staff and modify as necessary with close coordination of MEAL Coordinator;
- Train Project staff on Health indicators (OVC HIV_STAT and custom indicators);
- Assist in identification, documentation and sharing of lessons, most significant change stories and best practices;
- Provide financial management assistance for M&E project activities, as necessary or when required;
- Maintain and support the beneficiary accountability systems for the Pathways Project;
- Training project staff on DHIS 2 and POMIS database;
- Compiling monthly reports for dissemination with donors and government ministries.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements
Education and Experience
- Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Development Studies or related programs preferred;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting of HIV/TB programs with MoHCC or with clinical partners is strongly required;
- Experience in monitoring projects that implement HIV/AIDS program;
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), (SPSS, Databases, Access);
- Experience in capacity build OVC projects;
- Experience in PEPFAR OVC programming;
- Understanding and experience using MoHCC data systems (ART registers, EPMS etc) a strong advantage.
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment;
- Good relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural teams;
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members;
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities;
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
Application letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional certificates should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager clearly stating the position being applied for on [email protected] copy to [email protected] and [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to bring certified copies of all academic and professional certificates.
Deadline: 17 June 2021
Related Jobs (31)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract