- Post Date:December 15, 2021
- Views 467
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Midlands (Gweru)
About Jointed Hands Welfare Organisation
Jointed Hands Welfare Organisation (JHWO) is a local NGO that envisions a harm and disease-free society. JHWO implements multiple interventions across the country under the four strategic pillars namely, Health, Orphans and Vulnerable Children, Adolescents and Youth, Economic Strengthening and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Research and Learning.
Under the Health pillar, JHWO is implementing a Pathways project in Gweru and Nkayi whose goal is to enhance the resilience of Orphans and Vulnerable Children and their caregivers towards getting to zero new HIV infections in Zimbabwe by 2022. In Kwekwe, the organisation aims to find, test, and treat at least 1000 missed HIV infected children through a community and household case management approach. The Kunda-Nqob’ITB (KN-TB) meaning the fight against TB initiative, is a 5-year USAID support to the TB Local Organization Network program in Zimbabwe with JHWO being one of the four partners that covers 8 districts across the country and soon increasing to 14. To complement government in its quest for health for all, JHWO has a clinic at Riverdale that offers primary health care and has a laboratory to ease pressure from surrounding diagnostic sites. It is against the mandate of the health pillar that the organisation seeks a MEAL-HEALTH Assistant to fill in the position that has arisen under the Pathways project.
The MEAL Assistant will report to the MEAL Officer for efficient and timely submission of reports. The MEAL Assistant will work closely with the MEAL Officer on Design, Research, Monitoring, Evaluation, and reporting. S/he will be responsible for all Health domain data requests and data analytics to inform programming. The post will involve travelling to field sites to conduct on site data verifications and internal data quality assessments.
- The MEAL Assistant will provide guidance in monitoring and reporting of Pathways HIV/AIDS activities (HIV Testing and Counseling, referral and linkage, HIV treatment, adherence, viral load monitoring etc.) undertaken by the implementing partner of the program in collaboration with the Health Facilities.
- Assists in simple analyses and reflective discussion on HIV data,
- Contributes initial findings and field-based insights to project discussions,
- Implements activities according to MEAL Detailed Implementation Plan,
- In collaboration with the MEAL Officer plan and undertake initial baseline surveys, mid- term surveys and end of project evaluation to track project progress and impact,
- Assist in developing and ensuring maintenance of information tracking systems (tracking sheets or databases), especially Indicator Performance Tracking Table, for Health indicators,
- Periodically review the Performance Indicator Tracking Table and use it regularly with project/partner staff to examine progress towards the projects annual and life targets and realization of the theory of change.,
- Developing data collection tools for the project that will collect information on Health domain
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Statistics, Health Promotion, Social Sciences or its equivalent.
- Experience with a formal qualification of monitoring and evaluation,
- Minimum of at least three (3) years of experience in design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and research,
- Advanced computer skills in Excel, Word processing, Database management, SPSS or other statistical packages,
- Familiarity with USAID regulations is desired.
- Good relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Good analytical, translation and packaging skills.
- Diligent, accurate and timely in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Initiative-taker and results oriented.
- Familiarity with the OVCMIS, POMIS and DHIS databases an added advantage.
To apply for this position please send your certificates, CV, copy of licence and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that JHWO does not solicit any organization or individual to recruit on their behalf. No fee is charged throughout the recruitment, selection, and placement process. Canvassing will lead to disqualification of candidates.
Deadline: 17 December 2021
Related Jobs (14)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract