- Post Date:April 7, 2021
- Views 529
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CARE International in Zimbabwe is recruiting for livelihoods, food aid and resilience project targeting Buhera and Mutare Districts (Manicaland Province) and Chivi and Zaka Districts (Masvingo Province). Takunda, which means “we have overcome” in Shona, is a 5 year USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance program led by CARE in a consortium. Its aim is to increase on-farm and off-farm incomes, improve nutrition, and work with women, men, girls and boys to build resilience to shocks and stressors. The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the positions posted below, which will be filled in January 2021.
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring adequate monitoring of the project in line with donor requirements while adding value and improving programming through timely provision of quality monitoring and evaluation information.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Receives project M&E framework and develops and regularly updates M&E activity plan and submits to M&E Specialist for approval.
- Work with District Supervisor and M&E Specialist to ensure quality implementation and adherence to minimum standards
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of project quality, using donor monitoring tools appropriate
- Oversee implementation of district M&E systems (including the database) through regular field monitoring visits and tracking of Key Performance Indicators at the as approved by the donor
- Coordinate quarterly program review meetings to facilitate dialogue and learning on Page 2/5 project/program implementation with the donor and other partners
- Conduct internal data quality assurance at district level and prepare reports in accordance with USAID standards
- Identify capacity needs in the areas of M&E and share these with the M&E Specialist and M&E Lead and strengthen district level staff capacity to deliver quality services
- Ensure accurate quality narrative and statistical reports are submitted in a timely manner and according to donor requirements.
- Track the performance of the project activities and outputs against expected results and adjust implementation processes to ensure the project is progressing towards the intended outcomes
- Receives project database and supports data inputs and administration
- Supports in the baseline, midline and endline evaluation
- Ensure proper documentation of data collected through project field staff, such as routine monitoring tools
- Consolidate PDM, market and other surveys at district level for further analysis
- Ensures that Safeguarding information is disseminated to the relevant stakeholders.
- Degree in Development Studies/Social Sciences/Statistics/Mathematics or equivalent
- 3-5years working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or related field
- Experience in humanitarian and/or social protection programs
- Superior training and facilitation skills
- Pays attention to detail
- Proficiency in computer skills including experience of MS Word, Excel, MS Office Project, and any statistical analysis package
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender and youth issues in food security programming.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity and Diversity, as evidenced in previous positions / programming.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. CARE does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. We will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity
Deadline: 13 April 2021