Markets assessment and value chain analysis
- Post Date:March 15, 2021
- Views 318
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We work together with children, young people and our supporters and partners to tackle the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
Background of the Markets Assessment and Value Chain Analysis
Youths face numerous barriers which prevent them from participating in mainstream market systems. These constraints have been exacerbated by COVID-19 restrictions and regulations and limit the extent to which youths can benefit from markets reducing the return on their labour, constraining the growth of their businesses and even total participation during lockdowns that had turned to close out the informal sector as it is regarded as non-essential service. Improved, more equitable market participation would enable poor urban communities to access important support services enabling their existing and new businesses to grow. A market assessment will support idea generation on youth survival in the informal sector within the context of COVID-19, the link between export and import, rural-urban intervention with the markets.
Plan International Zimbabwe invites bids for the services of a consultant to conduct the Markets Assessment and Value Chain Analysis. Specifically, the objectives for the consultant are to:
- Map and profile the existing value chains, both on farm and off farm, in the selected targeted districts with the intended outcome being to identify feasible and most effective value chains for Program Areas that are promising during and beyond COVID-19 environment;
- Generate a shortlist of 4-5 profitable and technically feasible value chains in each target district. Criteria for shortlisting and selecting value chain should include gender balance, potential for growth and potential pro-poor adaptability;
- Assess end-to-end and provide detailed analysis of at least 2-3 selected value chains and provide recommendations on how selected target group can be engaged in the value chain in different roles (supplier of input, producer, processor, transporter, traders);
- Assess selected market system supporting environment (services, policies, rules regulations, and infrastructure) that can be leveraged on during COVID-19, and market constraints in the selected target districts that need to be targeted for advocacy.
The Consultant or the consulting firm must have:
- Direct experience working on agro/dairy value chains, market assessment and market development strategies, Technical Vocational and Education Trainings (TVET) and the informal sector in Zimbabwe and they must have undertaken similar works in Zimbabwe in the last 5 years.
- A Post graduate level qualification in related subjects (Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Food security, or related)
- At least 5 years of verifiable experience in coordinating and administering market assessments, preferably for International Non-Governmental Organizations.
Bids should be submitted in a closed envelope clearly marked “Youth Economic Empowerment – Markets Assessment and Value Chain Analysis” and addressed to:
The Tender Committee
Plan International Zimbabwe
No 7 Lezard Avenue,
Or Email: [email protected]
NOTE: PLAN INTERNATIONAL ZIMBABWE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY OR ALL SUBMITTED BIDS.
Ensure bids are issued in the name of the Bidding Consultant / Firm
Deadline: 19 March 2021 (4pm)
Related Jobs (8)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time