Marketing and Communications Fellow
- Post Date:February 2, 2021
- Views 546
- Qualification DegreeExperience 3-5 YearsIndustry Non Governmental
The Accountability Lab is a global network for change, that works with young people to shift societal norms and solve intractable challenges. The Lab’s mission is to make governance work for people by supporting active citizens, responsible leaders and accountable institutions. Accountability Lab Zimbabwe is a network lab established in 2020.
Accountability Lab Zimbabwe is recruiting a Marketing and Communications Fellow. S/he will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assist in coordinating content schedules for the different program areas;
- Monitor, coordinate and contribute engaging posts to the Lab’s social media accounts on a daily basis;
- Collate social media data for reporting;
- Provide research, writing, editing and design assistance for a variety of outputs including blog posts, articles, press releases, reports, newsletters, presentations, grant proposals, infographics and program documents;
- Take high-quality photographs and videos of Accountability Lab’s projects;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Lab’s various programs, including, training seminars and related advocacy activities.
- Maintain databases of the Lab’s media contacts and publications.
This fellowship presents an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience helping a dynamic and innovative nonprofit grow, while building an impressive portfolio. The Fellowship comes with negotiable stipend/allowance, based on experience. We will provide you with access to wide global networks, opportunities to pitch your ideas, access to training and conferences for your professional growth.
The Accountability Lab Zimbabwe is a small and fast-paced work environment, so the fellow will need to be adaptable, self-motivated and able to multitask. Beyond this, candidates for the position should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A commitment to the mission and values of Accountability Lab, as well as awareness and understanding of accountability issues around the world;
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject e.g. Journalism, media studies, communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail;
- Significant experience using Microsoft Office and various forms of social media;
- Strong creativity and graphic design skills;
- Superb relationship-building and organizational skills;
- Previous work experience;