- Post Date:May 28, 2021
- Views 360
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Transportation
The Traffic Safety Council of Zimbabwe (TSCZ) was established by the Traffic Safety Council Act (chapter 13:17) and became operational in August 2000. The Council has a mandate to promote road safety in terms of the Traffic Safety Council Act (Chapter 13:17) largely through education, training and influencing policy makers to come up with laws and regulations towards the same goal. The Council seeks to engage a dynamic individual to fill in the position of Managing Director which has arisen.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the position is accountable for leading the business through the initiation and implementation of the strategies that will unlock its full potential. This will ensure that the organisational objectives are realised and the mandate as espoused in the TSCZ’s Act and strategy is adhered to.
- Managing Shareholder issues- articulates the shareholder perspective and provides leadership and direction required in the operations.
- Value creation and Preservation- develops and implements strategies that unlock and maximise the utilisation of TSCZ’s assets.
- Financial Management- ensures that the mandate of the organisation is achieved through a viable financial management strategy.
- Managing the External Environment- develops road safety interventions to manage the external environment in a manner that creates a climate that provides TSCZ vantage point to succeed and influence policy around Traffic Safety.
- Team Leadership and Institutional Management- develops and implements a comprehensive and detailed road safety management system that incorporates the various stakeholder expectations in a manner that achieves the organisation’s mandate.
- Technology and Security Platform- fully understands the offering of the current technology and security platforms by ensuring best practice that delivers value as far as road safety and management is concerned.
- Good Corporate Governance and Legislation- ensures TSCZ has appropriate systems to enable it to conduct its activities both lawfully and ethically.
- Human Capital Management – ensures the initiation and implementation of HR supports strategies through the relevant departments in order to achieve outstanding performance throughout the business.
- 10 – 12 years experience 7 of which should be at senior managerial level
- Minimum qualification of a relevant first Degree
- Master’s in Business Administration or equivalent Degree
- A relevant Doctorate Degree will be an added advantage
- Experience of the Transport management sector is an added advantage
Key Competences and Characteristics
- Strong command in communication and influence in policy
- Team leadership and organisational awareness
- Sound financial literacy and business management skills
- Results focused with strong bias for action.
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please submit your latest curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of your qualifications to Lorimak Executive Recruitment Consultants on emails: [email protected] or [email protected] by not later than 31 May 2021.
Related Jobs (42)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract