Manager – Structured Finance
- Post Date:May 20, 2021
- Views 357
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
The Infrastructure Development Bank of Zimbabwe (“IDBZ/the Bank”) is a national Development Finance Institution (DFI) that promotes infrastructure development in various sectors including Energy, Transport, Water & Sanitation, Housing, Irrigation infrastructure, ICT, Health, Tourism and Education. These are key enablers to inclusive socio-economic development and growth. The Bank also supports private sector enterprises, focusing on the infrastructure value chain, agri-businesses, mining and export-oriented businesses.
This position reports to the Head – Private Sector Operations.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manager – Structured Finance will lead efforts towards originating and executing bespoke financing solutions in support of private sector projects and business transactions. The Manager will be required to optimise existing operations, support in structuring optimum financing deals that create value for clients and generate income for the Bank, as well as lead the formulation of annual Work Programmes and Budgets for the Bank’s Private Sector Operation with support from other units across the Bank.
The job includes the following specific responsibilities:
- Business development, focusing on identifying projects and other business opportunities for inclusion in the Bank’s private sector financing pipeline.
- Evaluating business opportunities for commercial merit and alignment with the Bank’s environmental and social sustainability objectives.
- Structuring sustainable financing solutions for projects and business transactions, including developing and negotiating term sheets with clients and counterparties.
- Preparation and presentation of financing proposals to various Committees of the Bank and other financing partners or counterparties.
- Coordinating pre-financing due diligence of projects/clients to identify potential risks that require adequate mitigation to ensure performance of financing arrangements, as well as hands-on monitoring of funded transactions.
- Creating, updating and keeping up to date relevant processes and procedures guiding the Bank’s Private Sector Operation.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Post-graduate degree in Banking/Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Engineering or other relevant discipline (CA, CFA, PGDip Development Finance, MBA, etc).
- Minimum of seven (7) years of proven experience in structured/trade finance and project finance.
- Demonstrable experience on packaging transaction documentation, presenting funding opportunities to banks and other counterparties, undertaking or coordinating financier due diligence, review and negotiation of funding terms and agreements, and handling financial closing work.
- Practical knowledge of financial instruments, risk mitigation frameworks, and understanding of development financing.
- Experience working in a development finance institution will be an added advantage.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates, government and public agencies.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to work collaboratively to attain goals.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Interested applicants should submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae by no later than 16:00 hours Friday, 28 May 2021. The Bank intends for the successful candidates to report for duty on the 1st of July 2021.
For the above position, highly competitive packages are offered, details of which would be disclosed to the shortlisted candidates.
To be considered, interested candidates are requested to forward their applications to:
The Director Corporate Services and Human Resources Department
99 Rotten Row
Or email [email protected]
Related Jobs (40)
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time