Manager: Procurement Management Unit x 2
- Post Date:August 14, 2021
- Views 219
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following positions that has arisen within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA).
MANAGER: PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT UNIT –LEVEL 6 (2)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct procurement in accordance the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act, and with any other policies and procedures affecting effective execution of procurement duties in the Authority.
- Develop sound, cost-effective strategies for the procurement of goods, works and services
- Maintain relationships with suppliers while continually scouting for additional vendors.
- Evaluate spending operations while seeking ways to improve and enhance the quality of products, works or services procured and the timeliness of deliveries.
- Communicate with Head Sourcing regularly regarding the efficient flow of goods and services affecting production.
- Conduct cost analysis and setting benchmarks for improvement.
- Develop risk management procedures to mitigate losses in the event of product shortages.
- Supervise a purchasing team and delegating tasks across departments when necessary.
- Work closely with the company legal department to make sure contracts and terms are favourable
- Manage categories of procurements done for the regions.
Job Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work under immense pressure and beyond stipulated hours.
- Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Packages.
- Good organizational, people and time management skills and sound knowledge of public procurement management.
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- A team player who is innovative and analytical
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Administration / Business Administration / Logistics / Supply Chain Management / Purchasing & Supply Management or equivalent.
- An MBA / MBL / MSc is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
- Full Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) membership is an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years working experience in Purchasing and Supply environment at supervisory or management level of which three (3) years should be in Public Procurement.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, by 16 August 2021. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference and addressed to:
The Director Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre
Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
ZIMRA is an equal opportunity employer.