Manager – General Investments
- Post Date:March 15, 2021
- Views 499
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
The Zimbabwe Investment and Development Agency (ZIDA), is an investment agency responsible for promoting and facilitation of both local and foreign investment in the country. The promulgation of the ZIDA Act, which repealed the Zimbabwe Investment Authority, the Zimbabwe Special Economic Zones Authority and the Joint Ventures Act, provides a clear, comprehensive and binding legal and regulatory framework for conducting investment activities, by both domestic and foreign investors in the country.
The Manager – General Investments will play a critical part in ensuring the delivery of ZIDA’s strategic General Investments portfolio. The incumbent will work with the Chief Facilitator and Head -General Investments and collaborate with the wider internal and external stakeholders to structure, promote, mobilize and deliver both local and foreign investment into Zimbabwe. They are expected to maintain wide-ranging knowledge of investment products, services and strategic issues as well as provide information and advice to clients and stakeholders.
- Assist the Head – General Investments to design, develop and implement a strategic framework to support General Investment across Zimbabwe
- Act as a key point of contact for internal and external clients on investment analysis matters
- Engage in regular research and market insight and sounding, to stay appraised of the Zimbabwean economy, regional and African economic landscape, global financial markets, and general current events as they affect ZIDA and the wider Investment Climate
- Maintain current knowledge about ZIDA’s products and services available to investor clients and stakeholders, including but not limited to bonds, equity, share listing and offering, private debt, M&A, privatizations etc.
- Work closely with investment analysts and other team members across ZIDA, to assess financial information and investment opportunities
- Present investment opportunities, financial analysis and structuring, while pitching proposed course of action in internal and external meetings with clients
- Structure, develop and use financial models, of varying complexity, to project future earning and profit potential and uses this data to inform decisions and proposals to stakeholders
- Engage and meet with local and international investment teams, strategic partners etc., including analysts and other managers, to stay up to date about market situations, new opportunities and use this to improve ZIDA’s wider product and service offering
- Develop relationships with clients, and investment partners, including already licensed investors, to expand client network to help further contribute investment into the country
- Building sector expertise and maintaining strong trusted relationships in selected sectors
- Follow and observe set operating procedures, guidelines, systems, and processes
- Improve Doing Business ranking as appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Finance, Statistics, or similar related fields
- A post graduate business qualification such as an MBA, MSc, CFA would be added advantage
- At least 5 years post graduate professional experience in Corporate Finance and /or Investments, including hands-on experience in deal origination, structuring and execution, negotiations, concept, and appraisal reporting across key economic sectors
Key Competencies and Skills
- Through understanding of the national strategy in Zimbabwe
- Strong knowledge of projects and investments in general
- Strong Investment research and analysis skills
- Strong quantitative and financial modelling skills
- Ability to mentor and support team members
To apply access this link https://bit.ly/3qM9yPD using your Gmail account.
The position is open until filled.