Manager, Financial Reporting
- Post Date:March 23, 2021
- Views 754
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Zimbabwe-Harare
Employee Status: Permanent
Unposting Date: 06/Apr/2021, 12:59:00 AM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Coordinate the reporting process in Finance and deliver all financial / management reports in the most efficient and accurate manner. Prompt delivery of regulatory/ management reports for CFO’s approval
- Provide insights for improved business decision making through regular and accurate financial analysis and reporting of SCB Zimbabwe business performance.
- To undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
- Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues.
- Provide information required for all statutory and field examinations and audit
- Ensure adequate GL controls are maintained around reporting and reconciliations
- Act as Chief Hub Liaison Officer – on reporting matters
Group Accounting Reports
Deliver the following Group reports within set deadlines
- Management Pack (monthly)
- Statutory IFRS Pack (quarterly)
- Forecast Packs (Regional and Group)
- Budget Pack (annual)
- Other reports as may be required from time to time
Local Financial Reporting
- Assist in the preparation and review of all local regulatory returns timely including assisting in responding to issues raised by the same Regulators
- Lead and prepare the interim and annual financial reporting pack and publication templates
- Act as first point of response and resolution for all Local Tax issues emanating from the Tax Authorities
- Prepare Local Income Tax computation templates and other returns required by Local Tax Authorities
Operational Risk Management
- To report Unit’s OR issues and losses to FORTM
- To assist FORTM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management
- To identify and report all exceptions on non-compliance with standard controls
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
Board and CMT Reporting
- Prepare presentation papers for the review by FC and before submitting to the relevant governance committees withing the stipulated deadlines
- Track business performance through scorecard and strategy KPIs.
GL Controls and Reconciliation
- To implement and monitor the application of a standard PSGL chart of accounts.
- Review and sign off on the daily Finance Payment Suspense accounts reconciliations
- Review and sign off on the monthly preparation of Finance/ PSGL Accounts proofs
- Supervise the clearance / retirement enforcement of Cash Advances
- Supervise the compilation of the Fixed Assets Schedule and monthly reconciliation of the fixed assets register with the ledger
- Review and clean-up of Receivables and Payables Accounts
- Supervise the Investigation of all unusual items of Suspense & Sundry Accounts
- Escalate outstanding items that are within FCP manual thresholds
- Support Global Support functions on business planning and budgeting
- Ongoing analysis of Global support functions costs performance.
- Actively implement the business-partnering concept between Country Finance and the Support functions.
- Migrating best practice.
Health & Safety
- Complete mandatory H&S learning; behave responsibly in compliance with this policy;
- Follow instructions as defined in H&S standard and comply with applicable legal requirements;
- Report work related accidents, incidents, ill health and unsafe workplace conditions
- Cooperate in assessment and mitigation of H&S risks and investigation of accidents and incidents.
- Awareness and understanding of the Group’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role to enable effective tracking of business performance and to effectively carry out responsibilities on budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Responsible for financial/ management reporting; executing and coordinating the Budgeting and forecasting process.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the team.
- The ability to interpret the financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures in reporting.
- Ensure vigilance in relation to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas; Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework and the regulatory reporting requirements.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Zimbabwe, Finance team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Business Finance
- Group Finance
- GFS Kenya – Hub
- GFS Chennai
- Heads of support functions
- Internal Auditors
- Business Operations
- Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe
- Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
- Deposit Protection Corporation
- Local Tax Advisors
- External Auditors
Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Financial Controller or the CFO
Our Ideal Candidate
- First degree in any discipline plus professional qualifications in accounting e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CAZ (fully qualified) with at least seven years work experience in Financial and Management reporting department of a financial institution.
- Good working knowledge of the Group Accounting practice and Local Regulatory requirements supplemented by all round Banking experience.
- Working knowledge of Accounting/Banking systems is essential for the extraction and processing of data from the system.
- Understanding of the GL accounts is essential in assessing whether the trend of an account is irregular and requires immediate management attention.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential in dealings with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a busy and strenuous environment for long hours in order to meet set deadlines.
- High level of computer literacy is required for processing data in various packages
- An eye for detail and accuracy with a strong analytical skills and capability.
Apply Now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Related Jobs (25)
Senior Account Manager – Harare on June 17, 2021