Manager, Digital Storytelling
- Post Date:February 5, 2021
- Views 440
- Career Level ManagerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Department: Marketing and Resource Development
Job Type: Open-ended, Full-time
International Role – No – Only National applicants will be considered.
*Preferred position location: UK or Monrovia, CA; USA. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To digitally enhance and develop a breakthrough way for World Vision to approach storytelling. By harnessing digital platforms and technologies, you will brand our brand, inspire our audience and create a game-changing approach storytelling. The position will play a strong role in helping develop strategies to apply key themes, such as impact and transparency, and apply these to storytelling content across platforms and mediums.
This role requires extensive digital platform and digital storytelling experience and prior experience in demonstrating significant lift in results as an outcome.
- Developing solid and succinct digital / storytelling strategy and executions of how storytelling pieces can be applied to different mediums.
- Engaging with creative (and other) agencies to brief and review content.
- This role will need to manage the relationship and have day-to-day engagement with the creative agencies to ensure they are briefed appropriately, that the capture the footage required and that the deliver on time, on budget and on scope.
- Implementation, monitoring and reporting of storytelling engagement across digital platforms and properties.
- Engaging with internal teams within World Vision (globally) to understand current storytelling assets (and identification of new assets if required) and implement across various tests, executions and projects.
- Translation of materials into development of ‘ready-to-market’ materials to be used globally in social feeds, web content etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelors or Masters level degree in marketing, digital or production related disciplines.
- Technical ability to create, edit and produce digital assets for digital and social mediums.
- Strong knowledge and high degree of familiarity and experience with current digital and social platforms (and the best means of maximizing content for each medium).
- Experience in either working in a digital agency or managing day-to-day relationship with digital agencies.
- Development of sound strategy documentation with demonstrable execution and results.
- 5+ years in digital + creative industry / roles performing function specializing in digital asset development and platforms.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- MBA or Masters equivalent.
- 3+ years in NGO sector and solid understanding of NGO fundraising.
- Preferred experience in digital marketing areas such as: application development, UX, audience targeting, lifecycle marketing, social listening, gamification experience, VR / AR experience.
- Strong experience in campaign development and digital platform execution with a strong focus on engagement, measurement and reporting, able to demonstrate significant lift in results as a result.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.