Manager – Bank Capitalisation and Strategic Partnerships
- Post Date:May 20, 2021
- Views 519
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
The Infrastructure Development Bank of Zimbabwe (“IDBZ/the Bank”) is a national Development Finance Institution (DFI) that promotes infrastructure development in various sectors including Energy, Transport, Water & Sanitation, Housing, Irrigation infrastructure, ICT, Health, Tourism and Education. These are key enablers to inclusive socio-economic development and growth. The Bank also supports private sector enterprises, focusing on the infrastructure value chain, agri-businesses, mining and export-oriented businesses.
This position reports to the Director – Resource Mobilization and Climate Finance.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manager – Bank Capitalisation and Strategic Partnerships will lead initiatives to grow the Bank’s capital base to ensure adequate capital levels are achieved and maintained; as well as the establishment of strategic partnerships for raising financial and technical resources to support the Bank’s mandate delivery on infrastructure development in its sectors of focus.
The job includes the following specific responsibilities:
- Leading the development of the Bank`s plans for capitalisation, broadening the shareholder base and ongoing capital management;
- Coordinating capitalisation initiatives and transactions involving mobilisation of capital from shareholders and strategic investors/financiers in the form of equity, debt and hybrid instruments;
- Coordinating the establishment of strategic partnerships for mobilisation of financial and technical resources to support the Bank’s mandate delivery;
- Developing proposals and coordinating engagements aimed at securing project preparation funding support from Government and other DFIs/MFIs and development partners;
- Leading strategic initiatives, consultations and meetings with key partners, including representing the Bank on high level partnership events such as strategic dialogues and seminars on infrastructure finance and related development finance issues;
- Leading investor relations management and coordinating regular investor and stakeholder briefings/updates on the operations of the Bank;
- Managing ongoing engagements with cooperating partners, regulators and other stakeholders; and
- Coordinating with other units within the Bank to ensure the Bank is in compliance with regulatory capital requirements, financing agreements, covenants and conditions.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The successful candidate will espouse IDBZ’s core values and possess the following experience, skills and competencies:
- A post-graduate qualification in Banking/Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering or other relevant discipline (CA, CFA, PGDip Development Finance, MBA, etc).
- Minimum of seven (7) years of hands-on experience and proven track record in managing and closing equity, mezzanine and debt capital transactions.
- Demonstrable experience on packaging transaction documentation, marketing investment opportunities, coordinating investor/financier due diligence, negotiations and handling financial closing work.
- Experience working in a development finance institution will be an added advantage.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to work with diverse teams.
- Mature, confident and good networker with experience in building and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders at senior levels.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Interested applicants should submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae by no later than 16:00 hours Friday, 28 May 2021. The Bank intends for the successful candidates to report for duty on the 1st of July 2021.
For the above position, highly competitive packages are offered, details of which would be disclosed to the shortlisted candidates.
To be considered, interested candidates are requested to forward their applications to:
The Director Corporate Services and Human Resources Department
99 Rotten Row
Or email [email protected]
Related Jobs (48)
Assistant Bursar x 3 & Administrative Assistant x 2 on January 19, 2022 Contract