Management Information Systems Officer
- Post Date:September 13, 2021
- Views 268
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry ICT
The Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare in collaboration with a Development Partner UNICEF invites suitably qualified professionals for the position of Management Information Systems Officer, Case Management and WAMS-Programme Support Team (PST) within the Ministry.
Reporting to: The MIS Specialist
The key responsibilities of the Officer are as follows:
- Systems Development, Rollout and User Training and support primarily for Case Management MIS and Web Based Asset Management System
- Develops User and Technical Documentation for Case Management Information Systems and Web Based Asset Management System and Ministry ICT Projects
- Development of project plans and implementation strategies for the Web Based Asset Management System, Case Management Information Systems and other related Ministry ICT projects.
- Perform systems security and quality tests to ensure that developed systems are secured from cyber threats and are in line with User and Management expectations
- Perform Systems Backup and other disaster recovery procedures
- Identify business and system process bottle necks and propose IT solutions to address these bottlenecks
- Provide system usage reports and data verification checks to ensure correct system outputs
- Develop and implement MIS risk management plan with risk register and escalation protocols
- Identifying resource requirements for successful completion of project tasks
- Management and measurement of project performance primarily scope budgets and performance schedules and reporting to supervisor.
- Implement and manage project configuration and change management protocols
- Preparing project performance reports for sharing with stakeholders.
- Undertake any other assigned activities to help meet the Ministry’s ICT requirements as required by Management.
- System enhancements, Roll Outs and System Usage reports
- Systems support and Training Reports
- System User and Technical Manuals
- System Quality Tests and Results
- Project Plans and Progress Reports
- MIS risk management plans
Qualifications and Skills
- A degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 3 years experience in Systems development, in particular Web and Mobile applications development
- Demonstrable experience in 2 or more of ASP.NET, JAVA, C#, Python languages
- Sound knowledge and experience in ICT Project Management
- Sound Knowledge of Database Management Systems MS SQL, PostGres, MySQL
- Ability to produce results within specified timeframes with minimum supervision
- A good team player
Only shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted for interviews. Terms and conditions of services will be disclosed to the shortlisted candidates.
NB Candidates, [especially women] are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with contact details and copies of academic and professional qualifications, National I.D. Card and Birth Certificate to reach the undersigned not later than 15 September 2021 on the given address;
The Director – Human Resources
Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare
8th Floor, Compensation House
Cnr 4th and Central Avenue
Alternatively applications can be emailed to: [email protected]