Management Information Systems (MIS) Officer
- Post Date:May 31, 2022
- Views 479
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Mashonaland East (Goromonzi) and Mashonaland Central (Guruve)
About the organisation
Mavambo is a non-profit making organisation established in 2001 which provide educational, legal, parenting, economic strengthening support as well as protection and life skills, health and nutrition to orphans and vulnerable children and young people. The organisation works in Harare, Mashonaland East (Goromonzi) and Mashonaland Central (Guruve).
Applications are invited for a Management Information Systems Officer post which have risen within Mavambo Orphan Care.
About the post
The MIS Officer works under the supervision of the Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting (MER) Specialist in creating project data collection tools and database systems to store and analyse project data. The MIS Officer is expected to generate infographics, maps, tables, storyboards, and graphs to share with respective M&E Specialist and programme teams. S/he supports the M&E Specialist in the delivery of data collection tools and visualization for respective projects. The individual must be an independent thinker who is creative, self-confident and can apply statistical methods to complex datasets to drive clinical and operational decision-making within Mavambo Orphan Care (MOC) projects.
Duties and responsibilities
- MIS Officer manages MOC Projects information systems, including computer and data capturing, data processing, data transfer systems, data security, data backup and storage systems;
- Maintains and coordinates with Mavambo`s ICT systems that includes database management, computer hardware and software, LAN,WAN, internet getway and other communication systems that pertain to MOC projects;
- Maintains proper security of all data , securing systems from unauthorized internal and external access paying attention to database management;
- Manages the already set databases, including overseeing data entry by data clerks, perform data quality checks, perform data cleaning tasks and data analysis;
- Manges both soft and hard copies of data for the project;
- Maintains a working knowledge of all information systems software and provides support and training to MOC Staff.
- Analyses system needs and recommends hardware and software upgrades database to MER Specialist.
Qualifications and other requirements
- Degree in related field preferred, such as Computer Information Systems/Management Information Systems with technical or advanced experience and a coursework a must;
- A Minimum of two (2) years current experience in Information Systems including an in-depth knowledge of Personal Computer Database, networking, LAN,WAN, network administration, word processing, spreadsheet, database, DHIS2, internet, email and operating systems;
- Demonstrated well developed written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to provide training and support to information systems users;
- Ability to assess information systems needs, to generate systems development plan and to recommend selection of appropriate hardware and software;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and provide emergency support,
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and comply with applicable regulations;
- Ability to exercise good judgement in evaluating situations and making decision;
- Ability to use tact and sensitivity to timing personal transactions.
Applicants should include cover letter and CV addressed to Human Resources, Mavambo Orphan Care, email: [email protected]
Please quote position being applied for on the subject line on your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 3 June 2022 (4pm)
Related Jobs (18)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022