Logistics Manager: Grade D
- Post Date:May 21, 2021
- Views 472
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Manufacturing
Afdis is the leading company in the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of quality spirits, wines and ciders in Zimbabwe. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above-mentioned position that has arisen at our Head Office.
Main purpose of the Job
The main purpose of the job is to provide cost effective procurement function, warehouse management, freighting and maintain adequate stocks of finished goods and raw materials.
Essential Competencies and Requirements
- Degree in Purchasing, Logistics and Supply, Marketing, BBS, BCOM or equivalent.
- A professional qualification such as CIPS will be an added advantage,
- At least 4 years’ experience in procurement, 2 of which at managerial level,
- Sound knowledge of Management Information Systems, research methodology, application and effective report writing,
- Good interpersonal and communication skills,
- Strong and confident negotiator,
- Good leadership and team management skills,
- Strong analytical skills including problem solving abilities.
- High sense of responsibility and custodianship of company assets.
- Sound knowledge of IMS and ISO 22000:2005.
- A very clean and traceable employment record.
Key Performance Areas
- Planning, developing and implementing procurement, warehousing and freight strategies to meet business and operational objectives,
- Managing procurement of strategic inputs and services,
- Developing and implementing best practice procurement processes and procedures to improve operational performance,
- Managing warehouse, inventory and frighting operations.
- Managing coordination of key Supply Chain key stakeholders including, Planning, Group Treasury and Operations to ensure optimization of working capital,
- Developing and implementing cost saving initiatives to add value to the business,
- Sourcing and developing strong working relationships with suppliers,
- Managing and negotiating contracts with suppliers.
- Monitoring current global supply chain trends that may affect supply and demand of products and raw materials.
If you meet the above qualification, please submit CV to:
The Company Secretary,
P O Box WGT 900,
Not later than Sunday, 23rd May 2021 or email to [email protected]. Email subject “Logistics Manager”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be attended to.