Logistics and Stores Assistant
- Post Date:August 30, 2021
- Views 387
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to be considered for the position of Logistics and Stores Assistant. The position will be based in Harare. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. Zim-TTECH is implementing the DREAMS program in four districts in Matebeleland North province. Zim-TTECH also supports Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) services in Zimbabwe. The contract of employment is renewable yearly subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The position exists to provide support in the stores function and assist in the fleet management processes.
- Inspect deliveries to ensure they match order and invoice criteria.
- Receive and sign for deliveries.
- Process returns for incorrect or unsatisfactory items.
- Organize and storing received items in appropriate areas.
- Issue out stocks.
- Update bin cards with received or issued out items.
- Conduct stock counts.
- Initiate stationery and consumables orders.
- Keep warehouses secure.
- Assist the Logistics Officer with vehicle allocation for requested trips and any other issues related to vehicles as and when required.
- Set up vehicle maintenance schedules.
- Upload fuel on individual vehicle cards.
- Process fuel requests from districts using the approved online system.
- Keep accurate records of all logistics and store department.
- Maintain updated records of all stock movements and counts.
- Compile and circulate monthly reports.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree in Stores Management / Procurement & Logistics / Administration.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in stores management, logistics or administration.
- Ability to work fast and accurately under intense pressure with minimum supervision.
- High level of integrity, honesty, commitment, and professionalism.
- Ability to multitask.
- Computer Skills, including proficiency in Email, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word are essential.
- Meticulous record keeping.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A clean Class 4 driver’s license.
Commitment to diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of certificates to [email protected] or to:
The Senior Human Resources Officer,
10 Natal Rd,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 8 September 2021