Logistics and Dispatch Manager
- Post Date:December 6, 2021
- Views 287
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Manufacturing
Our client operates in the Manufacturing and FMCG sector and has been established for many years – currently, is looking for a talented person of integrity to take up the challenging and interesting position of Logistics & Dispatch Controller.
Custodian of finished goods from Production. Ensures that the customer orders are delivered timeously to achieve set service levels.
- Identifies training needs and the development plans
- Conducts in house training for team
- Ensures that the team performs and achieves targets.
Distribution of final product
- Manages the distribution of final products to customers
- Manages the interface between logistics and Marketing to ensure timeous delivery of products to customers.
- Develops logistics policies and procedures and ensures compliance across the company.
Custodian of finished goods
- Checks, receives, and reconciles finished goods
- Checks warehousing conditions as per laid down procedures
- Maintains proper housekeeping as per laid down procedure
- Collects and accounts for in store breakages.
Despatch of finished goods
- Requisites external transport timeously to meet customer delivery date
- Ensures that the finished goods are timeously loaded, accurate and secured
- Ensures that right paperwork accompanies the order
- Tracks the orders until delivered to customers
- Evaluates and recommends performance of transporters
- Manages shrinkage of finished products by transporters.
- Attends to customer queries emanating from logistics services.
- Manages costs associated with his activities (route management, fleet management, pallet Management)
Implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Develops and initiates systems to achieve all the above.
- Ensures all subordinates in the section adhere to the company’s food quality and food safety policies and procedures.
Qualification, skills and experience
- Degree in Supply Chain management
- 4 years in FMCG at Managerial Level
Email CV in word format with indication of current salary and benefits details to: Mirriam Dzapasi – [email protected]
Related Jobs (43)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract