Locum Nurse / Ambulance Technician
- Post Date:July 22, 2021
- Apply Before: July 27, 2021
- Views 272
- Career Level OtherQualification CertificateExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Cimas wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill in the Locum Nurse / Ambulance Technician role that has arisen in the Healthcare Services Division.
- Drives the ambulance in accordance with the approved methods of techniques of driving in response to emergency calls.
- Conducts a physical handover / takeover of the ambulance and accessories and checks to ensure that the equipment is functional.
- Complies with health and safety rules and regulations and reports mechanical problems and accidents or hazards immediately to the Team Leader Operations and Training.
- Assess and evaluate patient’s condition on scene and perform preliminary diagnosis for patients requiring basic level of care and handover to the Emergency Medical Technician or
- Emergency Nurse for further patient management.
- Ensures safety of crew, ambulance, scene, patient, and bystanders through working with interested parties such as the police, fire fighter, etc.
- Uses medical equipment/ tools to stabilize patients or provide immediate lifesaving treatment at scene.
- Exercises care when loading and off-loading patients
- Adheres to established medical protocols and procedures as well as legal guidelines and health and safety standards.
- Ensures complete documentation of claim forms or receipts.
- Conducts patient follow ups and updates referring Doctor on patient condition where necessary.
- Ambulance Technician certificate
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s License
- 2-4 Years’ experience in emergency medical services
- Knowledge of Basic First Aid and Basic Life Support
If you are interested, apply no later than 26 July 2021.
Related Jobs (8)
Medical Laboratory Scientist – Bulawayo Laboratory on July 26, 2021 Full Time