Locum Emergency Medical Technician
- Post Date:July 22, 2021
- Views 559
- Career Level OtherQualification CertificateExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Cimas wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill in the Locum Emergency Medical Technician role that has arisen in the Healthcare Services Division.
- Ensures equipment availability and serviceability prior and after patient evacuation and during change of each shift (including cleaning of the equipment).
- Reports and follows up on all medical equipment left on the patient on each change of shift.
- Interfaces with clients requesting specific emergency evacuation services and refers all critically ill and out of Harare patient evacuation requests to the Team Leader EMS for further processing.
- Adheres to established medical protocols and procedures as well as legal guidelines and health and safety standards.
- Attend to injuries or sudden illness on scene by applying a variety of pre-hospital basic treatment (First Aid, CPR and oxygen administration).
- Ensures complete documentation of the patient report, call sheet and financial documents that include claim form, acknowledgement of debt form and receipt.
- Assumes crew leader responsibility as the highest qualified member on the mission.
- Presents daily reports on calls during daily morning briefs.
- Oversees Ambulance Technician’s patient management during multiple casualty calls.
- Ensures safe keeping of any money collected during a call and adheres to banking procedures.
- Emergency Medical Technician certificate
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s License
- 2-4 Years’ experience in emergency medical services
- Valid Practising Certificate with Allied Health Professions Council
- Knowledge of Basic First Aid and Basic Life Support
If you are interested, apply no later than 26 July 2021.
Related Jobs (12)
Technical Officer – Programmatic Management of Drug Resistant TB (PMDT) on December 1, 2021 Contract Full Time